2020 Ford F250 on 37s - Expedition Truck Camper Build!

montypower

Adventure Time!
@rruff - Good feedback on the digressive valving. Icon shocks are valved this way (we have the electronic valve shocks on our 2dr Bronco). It is always surprising when small bumps are semi firm/harsh and big hits are pillow soft.

Our Super Duty FOX 2.5 resi shocks have adjustment for low and high speed compression which works well (adjust for loaded/unloaded). Fox uses a more progressive style valving. Either style can handle extremely well if properly valved to spring rate and vehicle weight.

andy_b

Removing the sway bars front and rear was one of the first things I did to our truck. There was a bit more sway with the Fox 2.0s and factory springs but it wasn’t too bad.

Once the camper was finished, I had Alcan make use some custom springs front and rear along w/ some ADS 2.5 valved for the weight of the final build. For the limitations this truck has (leafs front and rear, no links/control arms), the ride is great. Noticeably better on all surfaces.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I pulled the sway bar from my F250 about a week before I installed the suspension. I wanted to run it a few days without to decide if I needed to order the end links to reinstall the sway bar with the Carli suspension. It was pleasantly surprised at the ride and handling. Installed the 2.5” suspensions without the sway bar, and haven’t looked back. Ride is much better, handling is still very controlled, and truck performs better off road.

montypower

Adventure Time!
Finally finished!!! So much work to get everything together.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I pulled the sway bar from my F250 about a week before I installed the suspension. I wanted to run it a few days without to decide if I needed to order the end links to reinstall the sway bar with the Carli suspension. It was pleasantly surprised at the ride and handling. Installed the 2.5” suspensions without the sway bar, and haven’t looked back. Ride is much better, handling is still very controlled, and truck performs better off road.

Agreed, no sway bar on these late model SD's is a better option than the over priced torsion sway.

montypower

Adventure Time!
We finally added a proper PSC Reservoir w/ pressure relief valve. The trick was mounting location for the reservoir. Realistically the factory reservoir is the ideal location in above and in front of the PS pump. We wanted to keep the factory location and mounting points. This required fabricating a custom bracket.

It came out sweet! CNC Cut. Like art!

13.jpg

14.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger