2020 Ram 5500 DIY Composite Panel Camper Build Thread

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Good luck with the sale of your incredible rig! I have my own RAM 5500 build going on (nowhere close to as nice as yours) and can attest to the huge amount of time and $$$MONEY$$$ that goes into any build like this. I almost had a heart attack when I started adding up all the money I spent on parts and labor and my 2017 still looks like a beat up old truck LOL. Your asking price is very fair considering the build.

P.S. disconnecting the front sway bar on mine as we previously discussed has been an amazing change so far on my truck. However, it has increased a tire rub issue that I have so I have to sort that out. In any case, thanks for your guidance on the sway bar change as it has completely transformed the ride quality of my rig.

Thanks for the kind words and glad the sway bar disconnected works better

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183

klahanie

daydream believer
Internet Shoutout to @mk216v for the link to the goodness that will totally transform my life:

But if you lose your humility in the process, that would be a shame.

danneskjold

Early February was spend exploring the Anza-Borrego Desert in my AEV Prospector and Four Wheel Camper. I completed around 300 miles off-road and enjoyed a full week alone in the wilderness. Most people spend their entire lives talking about doing this or that, going here or there, etc.

Decades ago I committed myself to less talk and more action...

View attachment 833813

Yet all you're doing is talking about a truck no one in here cares about? It's cool you enjoy your tent on the back of an overpriced truck but I don't think anyone in this thread actually cares.

BTW - I spent 2 years living out of a FWC. I've got plenty of experience with them...they're a cool beginner camper but that's about it.

ramblinChet

Click link in bio and use code #AEVISGOD for 2% off shipping

I'm happy to hear that you are slowly coming around and beginning to recognize the amazing value in an American Expedition Vehicle serialized build. It's funny how the human mind works but in your post you mentioned God and I immediately recalled my recent trip to Joshua Tree National Park. Below is a shot of me recently somewhere along the 137-mile Joshua Tree Adventure Route.

Of course, since I was wheeling in Joshua Tree with no cellular service I played the entire U2 - Joshua Tree album in my head. It's sad that you are selling your project - maybe this is your song buddy. I wish you the best, happy trails!

JTAR 07.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman