2021 EarthCruiser Terranova; Idaho; $305k

Travler229

For Sale: 2021 Terranova $305,000
IMG_1279.jpeg

For those of you who are familiar with EarthCruiser quality, as well as their recent financial challenges, this is TN #8, which was enrolled in their “certified Pre-owned” program until they shut their doors. It’s a perfect overlanding vehicle: can go anyplace most people want to go, totally comfortable off-grid when you are where you want to be, and with the gas "Godzilla" engine can make great time down the highway (80mph easy) when you want to drive on civilized roads. Why are we selling? We found that the tow vehicle and trailer approach better suits the way we prefer to travel.

We paid almost $350k for her, and new ones (with more recent F350 truck model) would be ~$400k. Granted, the builder is no longer operating, so we have taken that issue into consideration. This is a sturdy, well conceived and built rig and we foresee no issues with her that can't be addressed with a little common sense and a regular Ford dealer.

In addition to the standard robust build (specs below) we added several habitability, usability and sustainability upgrades including:
  • Running boards
  • Garmin system and camera
  • Airline track in cabin and locker boxes
  • Custom cushion backs to address the strange wall angle—very comfortable and we don’t know why EC didn’t do this for everyone
  • Full Body and Cab Wrap
  • Paint Protection Film—along with the wrap, for peace of mind that the exterior is well protected
  • Additional interior lighting and USB ports
  • Small storage pocket under the sink, great for a small speaker
  • Upgraded stereo speakers and noise deadening in the cab
tempImagetut9vO.jpg
We love this vehicle. She works great for a couple and a dog or two: we love that the bed is always ready to go without having to convert anything. When you get to your destination, just push the button to raise the roof and setting up camp is complete.
TN8 Interior looking front.jpg

TN8 Seating copy.jpg

We have lived in her comfortably in temperatures ranging from -10 to 98 degrees F: the heater works well and it has fully functioning AC powered by the solar panels (I thought this was crazy to do but when we were in the heat I was thankful).

solar panels.JPG

We cook outside in good weather, and the induction cooktop works great during inclement weather. The enhanced 4x4 suspension handles mud, ruts, sand, and uneven ground easily, we just wouldn’t take her on extremely challenging rock crawling trails due to her overall length. But the length does come with benefits, including plenty of space in the truck cab.

ITN8 Rear seat copy.jpg

TN#8 has just under 14k mostly paved miles on her, with light offroading on gravel or forest service roads and across fields. We have maintained her well and she was crawled over top to bottom by EC this spring before they would certify her. Extremely easy to maintain at local Ford dealers, and the house systems are intuitive, reliable, trouble-shootable and documented. The EC community maintains a robust private knowledge sharing platform and already former EC workers are providing advice and assistance.

For a great video walkthrough of another TN, check out this Youtube video:

Our build is similar except we have AC –there might be a few other differences but that’s the main one.
Standard features include:
  • Suspension Upgrade
  • Performance Shocks
  • Wheel/Tire upgrade
  • OEM reversing camera
  • Alloy Bull bar
  • Heavy duty rear bumper with accessory 2” receiver
  • Alloy bull bar
  • Tow package Class IV hitch (can tow over 10k lbs)
  • 3 Sunflare 108 Watt Solar panels
  • Water purification system
  • Composting Toilet
  • Electric Grey dump valve
  • 5” touch screen command panel
  • 110v induction cooktop
  • 110v 4 gal water heater
  • Air heater
  • 130L Isotherm Refrigerator
  • 36 Gal Fresh water tank
  • 18 Gal Grey water tank
  • 400 aH lithium house battery
Our upgrades included:
  • 16,500 WARN winch with synthetic line (works great!)
  • Grill guard
  • Additional Lithium house battery (for total of 800 aH)
  • 3 additional solar panels (Total of 4)
  • VisonX bumper light package (two 6.7” round and one 30” curved light bar)
  • DC Air Conditioner
  • Bug Screen for door
  • Thermal Barrier
  • Locker Box Hot/Cold Outdoor Shower
  • Locker Box Purified Drinking Water faucet
  • Locker Box Airline Track (15’ of track and 8 tie downs)
  • 20 Gallon Freshwater expansion tank
  • Winterization device
  • Engel Fridge and slider in Locker Box
  • Rear bumper MaxTrax/Ax/Shovel Holder/EC Blue MaxTrax
  • 270 Degree Awning (23Zero Peregrine)

composting toilet.JPG
freezer.JPG

(As a side note, I appear as a "new member" because I tried to sign in on another device, couldn't remember my username, and just started over. I have also posted on this forum as Lablvr and IdahoGal......even with password managers I am terrible at remembering user names.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach