2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

ramblinChet

Not much has happened lately since I am very deep into another much larger and more challenging project. I have a handful of key components to decide on and order prior to deciding upon my final interior layout. My guess is around spring time or early summer I should be able to make much progress in bringing everything together.

Right now the final decision centers around what types of materials I will be using to build out the interior. Wood is an easy choice although it is heavy and loves moisture. If anyone can recommend lighter and stronger materials that do well in harsh climates please share your thoughts. I really had not even started down that road yet.

ramblinChet

Many thanks to @CFMGarage for his recommendation on the following parts I just ordered. These are part of the factory Ambulance Prep Package (reference the attached PDF).

55057182AA pic.jpg

55057182AA.jpg

Attachments

• Ram_HD CC_Supplemental Kits_19+_R1.pdf
    349 KB · Views: 16

ramblinChet

Does this larger project involve something with a motor?

Technically, yes. But this is for work and it's a very special project with much attention from Europe so if you are wondering which project I would rather be focusing on I bet you already know the answer, lol.

ramblinChet

Since tomorrow is the Feast of Saint Valentine it seems like the perfect time to provide additional ministry to AEV unbelievers. Of course, these are the absolute finest differential covers ever created and will provide me with the ability to quickly check the condition of the lubricant after fording a stream or river.

AEV diff.jpg

AEV diff front.jpg

AEV diff rear.jpg

ramblinChet

Here is a nice differential breather kit along with the "Xtras" so I can also run lines to the transmission and transfer case also.

ARB 00.jpg

ARB 01.jpg

ARB 03.jpg

ramblinChet

Here is some additional information on the Sy-Klone pre-filter:

Attachments

• Critical_Characteristics_brochure.pdf
    406.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Series9000ModelsSpecs.pdf
    161.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Series9000_general_brochure.pdf
    542.3 KB · Views: 3

ramblinChet

I recently spent three days and two nights exploring much of Bald Eagle State Forest with a close friend - we have been wheeling together for three decades. Most in the mid-Atlantic area, a few times in Moab, etc. We sat around the campfire and laughed about when we began with 2WD vehicles, 28" street tires, open diffs, etc. We have experienced and learned so much over the past thirty years. We have both built some pretty extreme rigs and have a very good idea of what works, what doesn't, and more importantly, why.

We laughed even harder at the guys building their first rigs who are interweb experts - some who have YouTube channels and talk extensively about suspension modifications, tire choices, gearing, lockers, and such. We have both really had lots of fun and are at a much different time in our lives. We don't lay under rigs anymore and bust knuckles. We have hung up the torches and leave the grinders in the big box. We stroke checks and happily pay specialized experts to do our dirty work.

We just drive the rigs on dirt roads now, sit around big campfires, eat like kings, and laugh a lot...

image000000(4).jpg

image000000(3).jpg

image000000(2).jpg

image000000(1).jpg

image000000.jpg

2022-06-26_15.23.54.jpeg

2022-06-26_12.48.43.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member