2021 Titan XD Pro-4X w/ Ovrlnd Camper

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
When it comes to the Titan and the Titan XD,
Why would someone get an XD over a regula Titan?
I understand there is a size and probably towing difference but what are the benefits you would get from an XD.

Some say that if one needs a larger truck he might as well get a 3/4 or 1 ton track…
I am skeptical of this reasoning but this what the reviews (like FL trucks) say.
More payload, more towing, longer wheel base for stability, crew cab with the longer bed. I like the XD and I might go that route so I can just keep my same camper and gain a bit of interior room.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Thanks.
Other interesting things I noticed was that the Titan's lower trims such as S and SV are better equipped then Ford or GM.
And it is also a better looking truck too.

It's very good review.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Made one last trip from OR to CO and back again. This time towing a very heavily loaded 6x12 enclosed U-Haul along with a camper full of lighter stuff. Truck pulled it perfectly and I never needed for more power even on mountain passes. 13mpg on the trip...not bad. Did a marathon drive on day two of 14 hours and was still comfy in these zero gravity seats.

Ditching the idea of a XD or larger truck. I'm going to hang on to this one for awhile and see if the Ranger Raptor or Taco Trail hunter end up being solid. After 3 back and forth trips to CO with quite bit of camping in between and some offroading I just can't think of a more capable package for the price and overall size.

I will be calling deaver for some custom springs. I removed my rear sway bar and had zero issues towing but I'm curious if I can get a more progressive pack and ditch the factory block (basically two cut leaf springs) stacked with the icon block.

01tundra

Explorer
Made one last trip from OR to CO and back again. This time towing a very heavily loaded 6x12 enclosed U-Haul along with a camper full of lighter stuff. Truck pulled it perfectly and I never needed for more power even on mountain passes. 13mpg on the trip...not bad. Did a marathon drive on day two of 14 hours and was still comfy in these zero gravity seats.

Ditching the idea of a XD or larger truck. I'm going to hang on to this one for awhile and see if the Ranger Raptor or Taco Trail hunter end up being solid. After 3 back and forth trips to CO with quite bit of camping in between and some offroading I just can't think of a more capable package for the price and overall size.

I will be calling deaver for some custom springs. I removed my rear sway bar and had zero issues towing but I'm curious if I can get a more progressive pack and ditch the factory block (basically two cut leaf springs) stacked with the icon block.

I started out with Deaver's on my '01 Tundra, but after twisting them up in the rocks I started using Alcan and never looked back.

Pra4sno

After a couple of years, how do you feel the mill aluminum on the OVRLND camper has held up? Are you doing anything special to treat it?

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
After a couple of years, how do you feel the mill aluminum on the OVRLND camper has held up? Are you doing anything special to treat it?
It's held up great. I don't do anything to it and would go the same route again. Not worth it to me to pay for coated panels that will just get scratched up on trails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach