2wd to 4wd conversion with inchworm gear products

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
devinsixtyseven said:
The ARB harness is really painless, but have you considered going completely pneumatic? If you're using a large air tank, and have no leaks in the system, you can leave the lockers engaged with the truck off. The ARB solenoids disengage when you cut the power.

Might be handy, if you need to cut the engine in a precarious situation, and you don't need to worry about electrical issues (like the one I'm working through now :p...it's why I mention the above, and the direction I'm leaning!)

-Sean

have not thought about that, im a complete idiot when it comes to wiring though.

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
testing out the front locker and the rear, with the 5:1 can get you into a lot of trouble i must say.

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_8609.jpg

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
neliconcept said:
testing out the front locker and the rear, with the 5:1 can get you into a lot of trouble i must say.

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_8609.jpg

Holy trouble Blake that 5.1 must be pretty big pimpin. I love my lockers they make life a little easier.

Aaron

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
xcmountain80 said:
Holy trouble Blake that 5.1 must be pretty big pimpin. I love my lockers they make life a little easier.

Aaron

funny thing, i had one obstacle that the front locker couldnt get me out of, unlocked it and turned to the right and bumped it, boom over with only rear

i find that funny imo

yeah its fun, no more of that stuff for a while though.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Yeah I Know the feeling I was practing my 29 point turns while in Tellico, well not tellico we were in another OHV park with tight clearances. Now I have not tried taking it out of 4HI/LO to 2HI while hubs are engaged to see what might happen. I would assume it would be easy to turn because the 4wd would not be engaged. I have a couple scenarios I need to try out.

Aaron

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
xcmountain80 said:
Yeah I Know the feeling I was practing my 29 point turns while in Tellico, well not tellico we were in another OHV park with tight clearances. Now I have not tried taking it out of 4HI/LO to 2HI while hubs are engaged to see what might happen. I would assume it would be easy to turn because the 4wd would not be engaged. I have a couple scenarios I need to try out.

Aaron

well with the hubs engaged and in 2hi the cvs are still turning with the locker hendering that, which in turn makes it hard to turn, but not as hard.

reason i got an arb, esp with snow, its easier to drive.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Yeah snow in FL is somewhat non existent, though would have been nice to have a limited slip when not engaged.

Aaron

Blake, great to meet you the other day, wish we'd had time to look under the rig like everybody else :p. I hadn't logged on in a long time, so didn't match face & vehicle with build.

We're heading to Moab in January for a long-ish trip if you'd like to join us.

-Sean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk