2wd to 4wd suspension

YodasYota

Observer
I want to know if a Toyota pickup(mine is a 93, single cab, 5 speed, 4cyl) 4wd suspension will fit on a 2wd truck. The truck has a body lift already and I want some more lift, and this would be a cheap way to do it, with oem parts, assuming they fit. They rear springs sag under load anyway so I will need new oem leafs or some upgraded heavy duty leafs either way.

What would you guys do? I already have 31in all terrains on it, so I dont need to fit bigger tires, I just want some more clearance.

-Thanks in advance, and no, I cant get a 4wd, I'm in college, and money is tight and I would much rather spend it on some expeditions rather then a new truck and not being able to go anywhere.

instantninja

he's right, two different set ups. on the 4x the torsion bar is on the upper a-arm and mounted above the frame rails, on the 2wd its on the lower a-arm and mounted below. cheapest way would be to keep an eye out for someone selling some upper control arms. i found a set of 2 or 3 inch uppers on toyotanation for $50. other places to look would be on forums for desert racing or like that.
i think ball joint spacers might work on either suspension set ups though.

YodasYota

Observer
Thanks for the info, looks like I might just have to go without the extra lift and replace the worn out springs with stock stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven