33" BFG K02 on my '10 L322

Brav

Found a used set of RRS wheels, had them powder coated satin black, and fitted 275/60R20s on them. Rubbing in the passenger side rear as expected, but havent yet clearanced yet. no rubbing yet going lock to lock, even in normal mode, non lifted. Johnson rods to come regardless. Full view pic is in offroad mode.

IMG_2160.jpg
IMG_2155.jpg
IMG_2157.JPG

Brav

First layer is fender liner, second layer is underbelly liner, behind that appears to be fuel filler hose.. But yes I should based on what I can see.

Last edited:

Brav

Some pics from Arrowhead, first time out with local LR club. More rubbing on the right rear fender, but problem did mostly take care of itself :D
I will probably trim it up properly before the next run.

IMG_2241.JPG
IMG_2236.jpg
IMG_2231a.jpg

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
I run 275/65 18s. And I am in no way objective, but I see no reason to use anything but an IIDTool or EASControl. :p
Judicious use of a heat gun and a block of wood to reform the liner should do the trick in the right rear. There is usually a bit of room over that hose.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Brav

I run 275/65 18s. And I am in no way objective, but I see no reason to use anything but an IIDTool or EASControl. :p
Judicious use of a heat gun and a block of wood to reform the liner should do the trick in the right rear. There is usually a bit of room over that hose.

View attachment 328550

I so far have only used your IIDTool, and no rods :)

I really do love the tool, thanks.

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
Glad you are happy!

You really only need rods if you want to increase the height by more than 50mm. And, while this looks cool and works on a parking lot, it does not really make sense off road because you end up with next to no droop left on the front struts.

That said, rods and the IIDTool / EASControl as a combination allow for unlimited height adjustment and adjustment from the drivers seat. We have more than one customer who still purchased the Llams or its Italian equivalent (I believe Zelatore did this too - very curious as to why). The only difference is that the Llams allows adjustment "on the fly" while the IIDTool / EASControl require that you stop, plug it in, and either make a manual change to the height settings or use one of the 3 "My Settings" programmable heights to make an adjustment. With the former, you lose about 45 seconds and with the latter about 25 seconds compared to an "on the fly" adjustment. But you have no installation (aside from snapping the rods in place if you use them) and no additional hardware to malfunction and cause issues. The Llams is a good product, but I don't see the need for both.

On another note: how do the tires affect your comfort? I find my MTs quiet for what they are, but they are still much louder than a normal tire. My wife wants me to get less aggressive tires :p . Are the KO2s noisy? Comfortable?

Last edited:

Brav

On another note: how do the tires affect your comfort? I find my MTs quiet for what they are, but they are still much louder than a normal tire. My wife wants me to get less aggressive tires :p . Are the KO2s noisy? Comfortable?

As this is my first personal vehicle with AT tires, I don't have much to compare to except for other people's cars. You can definitely hear them, but its not intrusive. I have gotten used to it. Ride comfort is still good, but not as great as stock. I noticed that after lifting it, the spring rate has increased due to higher air pressure in the bags. Hopefully someone develops a "bump stop" or bag bracket to raise/lower the bag so the lifted height would only require stock air bag pressure, as done for the LR3/4 and RRS.

Overall I am happy with the setup. Originally I bought the second set of wheels for the AT tires, with the intention of swapping back and forth, but I think I am going to just keep the KO2s on full time.

zelatore

Explorer
I installed the Llams tool as an experiment. The idea sounded good, but in practice it doesn't suite my needs so well so I put the rods back on. Now I'll experiment with running on the highway with the rods and the Llams at the low setting and see how that works with my current tires.

I have more things in mind though...always a work in progress :)

zelatore

Explorer
BTW, I'd take the iiD tool before the rods, Llams, or just about anything else on my Rover. It was the first thing I bought for it, other than a set of 18" wheels.

To steel a line, 'Don't leave home without it'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle