4 season tent

iowalr4

Adventurer
I will put in a good word for the Kodiak Canvas 10x10 Deluxe. Everything about it is fantastic. I am 6'2 and can stand up in it easily. We camp 4 of us in it, the air pads are tight and go wall to wall, but its great. I would have gone with a 10x14 but I don't want to worry about finding that much space for it on the ground so I went 10x10.

I've been using it this year, mostly in rain. I will say, that it is a bit of a pain to deal with in the rain because they say to not pack it wet at all. And because I have been in rain so much this year that has been an issue. Went to Estes Park this year on the worst possible week, it rained non stop. The tent didn't leak at all but we had to pack it wet and filthy.

It dried out and didn't take damage, but that is a concern for me.

Here is a dry photo when I was just camping in town on the river. I am horrible about taking photos when im camping. I always get home and wish I had taken more because I hardly have any good ones.

3SIE5geLGOuFzLEOgSQ0rEeNcz26LWVnFPzXPCY7veih=w1343-h1008-no

lcgeek

Observer
So my wife wanted me to buy a large cabin tent so we could go camping with the kids (2) and dogs (4), so I bought some big *** 10x15 Browning Cabin tent (made my Alps Mountaineering). Well she decided she doesn't like tent camping :rolleyes:. So now I'm going to sell this giant monstrosity and buy a tent I want (which I should have done in the first place). I'm looking for a 4 season tent that can hold 3 people with hunting gear comfortably, and 4 people not so comfortably. My budget is around $600. As of right now I'm mostly thinking Kodiak springbar 10x10 or 10x14. I want the deluxe model, but I can't fine the 10x14 in deluxe in stock anywhere (thinks Burning Man :ylsmoke:). The other tent I am considering is the Big Agnes Flying Diamond in either 6 or 8 people. Anyone have any thoughts or other suggestions?

I have a unused Cabela's 8 man Alaskan Guide Tent. This one is several years old but has never been used. I am not 100% positive, but I believe the olders ones were supposedly better than their newer Alaskan Guide tents. I was thinking about selling it since I am now getting an RTT. PM me if interested.

AML

Adventurer
I will put in a good word for the Kodiak Canvas 10x10 Deluxe. Everything about it is fantastic. I am 6'2 and can stand up in it easily. We camp 4 of us in it, the air pads are tight and go wall to wall, but its great. I would have gone with a 10x14 but I don't want to worry about finding that much space for it on the ground so I went 10x10.

I've been using it this year, mostly in rain. I will say, that it is a bit of a pain to deal with in the rain because they say to not pack it wet at all. And because I have been in rain so much this year that has been an issue. Went to Estes Park this year on the worst possible week, it rained non stop. The tent didn't leak at all but we had to pack it wet and filthy.

It dried out and didn't take damage, but that is a concern for me.

Here is a dry photo when I was just camping in town on the river. I am horrible about taking photos when im camping. I always get home and wish I had taken more because I hardly have any good ones.

3SIE5geLGOuFzLEOgSQ0rEeNcz26LWVnFPzXPCY7veih=w1343-h1008-no

What week were you there? I was there this summer too for a week and it rained everyday.

thefishhawk

Adventurer
What week were you there? I was there this summer too for a week and it rained everyday.
Now I'm curious to see if this worked! Normally being pretty arid it would have but this summer was by far the wettest I've ever seen here in the 20+ years I've been in Colorado. Rained for months, didn't feel like we started summer until the end of July, really weird.

GregSplett

Adventurer
I have a unused Cabela's 8 man Alaskan Guide Tent. This one is several years old but has never been used. I am not 100% positive, but I believe the olders ones were supposedly better than their newer Alaskan Guide tents. I was thinking about selling it since I am now getting an RTT. PM me if interested.

oes it have the old school vestibule?They were sold seperate for a few hud more.Look like this.............DSCN1050.JPG

AML

Adventurer
Now I'm curious to see if this worked! Normally being pretty arid it would have but this summer was by far the wettest I've ever seen here in the 20+ years I've been in Colorado. Rained for months, didn't feel like we started summer until the end of July, really weird.

My sister lives in Denver and commented the same. She said it was the wettest summer she had ever seen there.

thefishhawk

Adventurer
My sister lives in Denver and commented the same. She said it was the wettest summer she had ever seen there.
Cool. On the flip side it was also the greenest and we didn't have to worry about fires for a change like further west. Turned into a decent rafting season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach