4Wheel Parts Partners with BlueRibbon Coalition

4WD School

Adventurer
I realize some folks on this forum may not support the BlueRibbon Coalition, but their legal team IS trying to save as many trails as they can. :victory:

4Wheel Parts Partners with BlueRibbon Coalition in Huge Membership Incentive Program

4Wheel Parts $25 Gift Card for Membership

Join, renew or extend your current membership in BlueRibbon Coalition for $29, and 4Wheel Parts will give you a $25 gift card PLUS up to 15% off on all their goodies.

This is a no-brainer. You can become a new member, or add to your existing membership for basically $4.00 for a year. How can we not get in on this deal? :)

BlueRibbon is all sports -- all trails -- for all people. It is our only grassroots umbrella national organization. We all should belong.

And, with this offer, even current members can extend out another year and still get in on this great deal.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
How about Blue Ribbon making a difference? or Land Use? That's part of this section of the board too. Not just conservation. Why are you guys negative about BlueRibbon? Did i miss something? Maybe i live in a bubble... but last i checked they did 'good', not bad.

Rando

Explorer
Part of the reason I do not support the BRC is that their views are not in line with mine. In another thread in this forum, there was pretty wide agreement that we should keep our lands beautiful for our generation and future generations. However it is very hard for me to believe that the BRC really supports this goal as it is supported by ExxonMobile, Boise Cascade and several mining companies. The BRC appears to me to be a front for a bunch of extractive industries and 4wheeler manufacturers, and at the same time as being pro-access seem to be anti-conservation. Compare this to organizations such as Tread Lightly which are supported by a broad base of industries (and not extractive industries).

How about Blue Ribbon making a difference? or Land Use? That's part of this section of the board too. Not just conservation. Why are you guys negative about BlueRibbon? Did i miss something? Maybe i live in a bubble... but last i checked they did 'good', not bad.

Desolation

Adventurer
I realize some folks on this forum may not support the BlueRibbon Coalition, but their legal team IS trying to save as many trails as they can. :victory:

4Wheel Parts Partners with BlueRibbon Coalition in Huge Membership Incentive Program

4Wheel Parts $25 Gift Card for Membership

Join, renew or extend your current membership in BlueRibbon Coalition for $29, and 4Wheel Parts will give you a $25 gift card PLUS up to 15% off on all their goodies.

This is a no-brainer. You can become a new member, or add to your existing membership for basically $4.00 for a year. How can we not get in on this deal? :)

BlueRibbon is all sports -- all trails -- for all people. It is our only grassroots umbrella national organization. We all should belong.

And, with this offer, even current members can extend out another year and still get in on this great deal.

So a quick look and I can't find this... Got a link?

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Jeff & Rando, thank your insight and for you expressing your opinion... that's what it's all about. I need to take a few minutes and go read some of those threads.

Desolation

Adventurer
I'm just curious what the BRC does to promote conservation. It's really a simple question that appears to have no answer.

I know what they do, and what I do not agree with. I know why I do not support them. I have listed the many reasons I do not support them on this forum in the past. The main thing for me is they are pro-access without any consideration given to conservation. I do not care for their communication style, anti-environmental postitions, and their communications protocols as it relates to their KATT group. If you want more information, just search this forum for BRC, Backcountry as authored by agavelvr. I've written a lot about my personal opinions on this particular organization and why I fear they will jeapordize access for all. Yeah, they "make a difference" and dabble in "land use", but I don't think it is for the good.

I will do the search you suggest...
It will be interesting to weigh you opinion against this:
http://www.sharetrails.org/member_organizations/

ryguy

Adventurer
Having dealt with 4wheelparts(transamerician wholesalers) directly as a wholesale customer I can tell you they have absolutely zero product knowledge and terrible customer service. The BRC's motives have never been clear in regards to land conservation. Organizations such as this should be supported based on their ideals not because they offer a coupon. It just seems like a ploy to gain support from uninformed people.

Last edited:

Desolation

Adventurer
Having dealt with 4wheelparts(transamerician wholesalers) directly as a wholesale customer I can tell you they have absolutely zero product knowledge and terrible customer service. The BRC's motives have never been clear in regards to land conservation. Organizations such as this should be supported based on their ideals not because they offer a coupon. It just seems like a ploy to gain support from uninformed people.

Agreed, however specifically in my case I have been meaning to complete investigating and potentially join said organization... Coupon would be a bonus.

alosix

Expedition Leader
Having dealt with 4wheelparts(transamerician wholesalers) directly as a wholesale customer I can tell you they have absolutely zero product knowledge and terrible customer service.

<highjack>
x2 Here. To think the sales and $$ I lost over the years being between them and customers...
</highjack>

Rando

Explorer
I took a quick look at the list, and noticed there are several drilling, mining, oil and logging companies that are listed. My feeling is that if the BRC really cared about conservation, they wouldn't be garnering much support from these industries. There are plenty of groups (local and national) that support responsible OHV use, access AND conservation and protecting our natural environment, the BRC is not one of these.

I will do the search you suggest...
It will be interesting to weigh you opinion against this:
http://www.sharetrails.org/member_organizations/

off.track

Adventurer
btw. BRC isn't really active in the east. United 4 wheel drive association. kind of does that. they have had their own problems as of the last few years.. not sure how it's really going to shake out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3