4x6 enclosed build "JKU Stuffsack"

Flake

I custom ordered a 4x6 in February, finally took delivery a few weeks ago and have begun my build up.

Trailer Spec's:
Straight 3,500lb axle, with brakes.
42" rear opening height, 48" interior height.
44.5" interior width, 40" opening width.
18" side door (16.5" opening)

Here is what it looked like the day it came home.

IMG-20130418-00067.jpg

The interior shelf accepts (1) 24gal action packer and (1) 8 gal, or three 8's side by side.
The cabinet on the door will be used for lighter kitchen and food items.
The slide for the fridge has a 28" extension.
Between the fridge and wall is a 20"x36" table (to be used freestanding).

IMG-20130507-00076 (1).jpgIMG-20130507-00077.jpgIMG-20130507-00079.jpg

Mocked up the table that will fold down on the rear door (there will be no legs once mounted).

IMG-20130507-00080.jpg (oops, that's blurry!)

Once I get the rear finished up, I'll need to figure out how the front will be organized.

From there I will continue moving forward to add a tongue box for electrical, and extending the tongue.

I too will be adding water, and have spent much thought on it. Just have not decided what I want to do/spend money on just yet.

Last edited:

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I like it!

Very nice and well thought out.

Matching wheels and paint look cool.

Roof top tent in the future?

Is there enough clearance with the fenders?

Flake

The existing fenders will be adjusted for the short term, but ultimately replaced.

Currently, a ground tent will be used.

Once the kids can climb a ladder, a roof tent may be added.

Flake

Very Nice!

I love the 4'x6' enclosed buildups.

Is the fridge on a slide? If so, what type?

The slide is a home brew with some 28" drawer slides I had lying around and a piece of 3/16" aluminum plate broken into a tray. The table for the door and interior shelf is made of the same.

looks great. what brand trailer is that?

It's a Pace.

The exterior trim and finish work is disappointing to say the least. Once the build is complete, I will have the dealer address these concerns.

Flake

Gott some more done today, fridge slide complete and table mounted.

IMG-20130511-00084.jpg
IMG-20130511-00083.jpg

I'm going to use the void under the table to store a stove. It creates a great space for that.

The I got started mocking up the tongue.

I'm using a 1 1/4" heim for my hitch. It offers more articulation than a ball, if nothing else it should be quiet and unique.

IMG-20130511-00087.jpg
IMG-20130511-00088.jpg

I'm going to be gusseting the area around the heim.

Last edited:

Flake

I ordered a few items on monday from a online automotive retailer, and they severely (didn't ship when they said they would) impacted my progress. Won't be able to get any real progress done till monday and tuesday nights at this point. First trip is Friday the 24th, and the trailer has no hitch right now.

tribeof5

Adventurer
What kind of luck have you had with your fridge? It looks like and Edgestar. We are in the market for one but can't stand the thought of spending $1200 or more for a fridge for our family of 7. The Edgestar has caught my eye but the reviews are all over the place. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The trailer build looks great btw. We have a 5x10 enclosed that we used for years and loved it.

Flake

What kind of luck have you had with your fridge? It looks like and Edgestar. We are in the market for one but can't stand the thought of spending $1200 or more for a fridge for our family of 7. The Edgestar has caught my eye but the reviews are all over the place. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The trailer build looks great btw. We have a 5x10 enclosed that we used for years and loved it.
So far I've been happy with it, but have yet to run it on 12v. This weekend will be it's first use for that.

Last night I finally got the longer tongue finished up. I went with a folding design to keep the tongue out of the way when not attached to the jeep. It will also offer a degree of security.

IMG-20130520-00090.jpg

IMG-20130520-00091.jpg

Tonight I will get the temporary battery installed for the trip this weekend. Also need to add tie downs in the front for cargo.

In the near future I'll be putting in a big battery and tongue box, just don't have enough time in the day to do that right now. (I work 12 hour days, and have 2 kids under the age of 3 at home.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven