5500 Duramax with camper

tbarjoe

I looked at this one when it was for sale at an RV dealer (and they wanted $109k CAD) and I couldn't find the value (maaaaybe 75-80k in my mind), so it's getting a bit closer. Camper needed a bunch of work it looked like (and I wasn't sure about that back slide). It is also already 13ft tall, so you can't upsize the tires without moving the A/C unit on the roof. Truck was in decent shape though (and low KM, but had sat for awhile - we pulled a hornets nest out of the air intake).

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
That's awesome. I can see that being an awesome rig to take to mex with some surfboards and not move for a few days.

Also, that camper looks massive

baggio95

He told me it currently sits at 13' 6", which is pretty massive. Unfortunately, the current he doesn't seem very knowledgeable about either the truck or camper. I asked about how it was attached to the truck as well as the bed and he said he thought the camper was attached to the frame rails. I pointed out that wasn't the case based on the photos but he couldn't ad anything else. To me it seems like the usual case as of late of trying to sell stuff for a premium but not being able to answer the basics.

I do wonder how this beast would be to drive.

I dug a little to find a payload on the 5500's and there a wide range. I'm guessing the the sheer weight of this thing would limit the off-road possibilities.

-S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad