5x8 V-nose cargo trailer conversion build Videos

parlusk

Here is a video series that i am doing for my cargo trailer camper conversion. She will not be going off-road until my son get a little older, but we are still going to enjoy it till that time comes. Feel free to leave comments and suggestions. This is my first time building a camper so its a learning experience. Part 1 is just a teaser that I did for my youtube subs that follow me.

Looking good!! I'm hoping to do something similar in the next year or two for my family of four to go out into the bush in relative comfort, I like the idea of a pretty robust but light she'll as a starting point. Videos are great, they help show the work involved keep them coming!!

Lord Al Sorna

Harebrained Scheming
Awesome videos! Cool to see another 5x8 build going in a similar stage to my own. Like how you did the floor, very well thought out.

parlusk

[video=youtube;Wp7QUwQXlhQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp7QUwQXlhQ&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z13mzzbpwrfxwbsry04chpobvy2hcj2g exc0k[/video]

parlusk

PART 9

[video=youtube;PWAYZqTECzM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWAYZqTECzM&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z12uyvojtonrgb2re04chl0wyxrwhtgj cbs[/video]

coastie kyle

Observer
I'm a big fan of your videos. I am ordering my 5X8 this week, so Ill be starting the build within a few months. Thanks for all the info.

ACFaulk

SE Expedition Society
enjoying your build....I've been debating on what to do as a solution for more room when we camp/travel...was looking at changing rigs but I don't want to get rid of my jeep so decided to look at trailer options and this looks cool.

ACFaulk

SE Expedition Society
by the way what brand of trailer did you choose and why? any pointers about certain features that you looked for in a trailer that you had to have...Torsion axle or spring? I've also heard that some aluminum skins are screwed on and some are glued or taped and screwed may not be better b/c they could eventually leak...just looking for any lessons learned when shopping for a brand or trailer.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete

Members online