73' EX-MOD SIII 109 2 door

discodisco

Observer
Also posted on LRRforums:

The story of our 73” 109 started a couple of months ago (see thread: http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread.php?t=14183). We were the first people to contact the Previous Owner (PO) in November 2009. We arranged to drive three hours north and meet him immediately after he got off of work. Well he wanted to start a bidding war between me an another guy because he had us both meet him at the same time. Well the other guy ended up being a military contractor who wanted to use it to train some seals on how to drive some vehicles that they might find in foreign countries. Wife and I thought that that was a better use for the vehicle so instead of bidding we bowed out. The new buyer agreed to sell it to us when he was done with it. We stayed in contact and I helped him find places to buy parts and services. He ended up not using it and we were finally able to get it.
Now to the Vehicle itself. It is an EX-MOD 2 door 109. It still has the land rover oval painted over and the canvas is painted to match the truck. The vehicle sat outside for a year on an incline in LA and there is some rotting in he canvas where water pooled. We knew this when we bought and we expected to have to deal with the inherent problems of an old vehicle that hadn’t run for a year such as dry rot. Now I had seen the vehicle run in December and it sounde good and shifted well. When we received the vehicle Monday night the Fuel pump was dead. We tried manually pumping the fuel pump and it still didn’t work. So we poured in some gas into the carb and got it running so I could see if there was anything else that had to be taken care of immediately. Surprisingly no visible leaking (knock on wood).
Well I have rambled enough and pictures do more then words.
gijane480
[/URL][/IMG]
gijane480
[/URL][/IMG]
gijane480
[/URL][/IMG]
gijane480
[/URL][/IMG]
gijane480
[/URL][/IMG]
gijane480
[/URL][/IMG]

discodisco

Observer
How would you describe the frame, foot wells, and bulkhead?

Most of the vehicle has been painted 15 times buy the British military and it appears to have help protect the entire vehicle from rust. The frame is painted with the original black paint and as far as I can tell rust has not penetrated it. the owners who have had it after the military did not really use it a lot off road. The drivers side foot well has a couple of small holes but was much better then I expected. I think that most of the damage in the drivers side foot well has come from boots. bulkhead? Yeah not a straight piece on the the beast. This thing has beat up. There are one or two scratches around the vehicle and only one or two of them have any sign of rust. There are holes and dents in the rear tailgate. Seriously every surface inside and out is dented and used.:sport_box

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk