85 4Runner - MUST SELL

bdj238

A Friend's Post

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4927215404.html

00707_DvKdM2b2bp_600x450.jpg

1st Generation 1985 Toyota 4Runner, SR5, 22RE, W56 5 Speed Transmission, 4WD with Warn manual locking hubs on front axle. Only year with solid front axle and fuel injection motor. Has factory lift kit and 33x12.5 tires as well as steel front/rear bumpers. A roll on bed liner has taken the place of the interior carpet and a waterproof stereo is in the dash. Front seats are cloth and rear seat is vinyl. The timing belt, water pump, distributor cap, and fuel tank have all been replaced. There are a few quirks, but this is to be expected with a 30 year old truck. I purchased it for $5k with 147k miles. This is my dream 1st Generation 4runner.

Backstory on the truck, I am the third owner, bought the vehicle in Abingdon Virginia in February 2012, from an elder gentleman who bought it from the original owner in Florida. I'd been hunting for this platform for some time and bought it with intention of it being a daily driver and occasional trail truck for casual off piste driving. I pulled all of the carpet that February and rolled on the bed liner, found a few rust holes beneath the carpet, patched two and one remains for the welder. Water enters the drivers cockpit through holes at the corners of the windshield and pools on the floorboards...hence the rust. There is NO OTHER RUST on the body or frame, only the three holes in the floor and near the windshield. The removable hardtop is waterproof, and has a aftermarket Yakima Roof Rack. The rear window still rolls down.

In May 2012, I replaced the timing belt and water pump. I drove this truck from Cullowhee, NC to Vernal, Utah spending time in Colorado, Idaho, and Wyoming, having no issues with the drivetrain or the vehicles performance the entire trip. That fall, after driving back, I replaced the distributor cap and fuel tank.

In 2013 I purchased a VW Station Wagon which has since become my primary vehicle. The 4runner was parked and tarped in August 2013. This was the last time that I have the vehicle running, and it started flawlessly with a single turn of the key. It has been parked and under tarp for 20 months in my mothers driveway. As of now, I am unsure of the vehicles condition, but will be uncovering and reenergizing her within 24 hours. Knowing these platforms I am sure that with a little love it will once again kick ***.

I have become an Idaho resident and do not have the time, money, and/or capabilities to transport this vehicle back across the country. I am around Chapel Hill for three weeks and, despite personal desire, MUST SELL the 4runner. I fly out of RDU on March 31, and would like to have paperwork and title transfers done by March 30. Please contact me with questions...I will have pictures posted quickly and have an update on the vehicles mechanical status sometime tomorrow.

I would like $4000....but as I MUST SELL, this is negotiable. I am not interested in anything other than CASH. Please tell your friends, and anyone who may be interested. This is a deal, this is something I know, and I am willing to work to make something mutually beneficial happen for both seller and buyer. Thanks for taking the time and for expressing interest in my truck.

Justin

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Sounds like a sweet little truck- best year! I may be interested pending pics, and am a couple hours away. And can work within your timeline- pm a contact number to discuss after pics posted, or email same please.
Cheers- hope you love Idaho!!

GANGGREEN

Geez, if I were looking for a vehicle or even if I weren't but had some mad money laying around. I'm half inclined to sell off my kids' old Buick and purchase this for them but they'd likely wreck it. :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven