89 Suburban Build and Help

PHSARGE

Figured I'd update. 455 olds is going with the 55 olds 4 door I ended up selling. Got a rebuilt 400 sitting in the garage now. Picked up an 81 3/4 Chevy pickup as well. Wife has me setting up to haul a trailer around or her while I take the suburban into the backwoods for myself. Kinda the basecamp thing. The 400 is going in the suburban. working on a 454 for the pickup.

Has anyone done much work with TBI's? I am wanting to put a dual TBI together. 2 TBI on a dual 4 barrel intake. Wanting something more for the 400.

FBJR

Adventurer
Why not just use a big block TBI? Much bigger ports and you can buy ported unit also. There are 4barrel tbi but you get a stand alone kit.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice looking:Wow1: Burb´you`have there Sarge. There should not be any reason to run dual altenators. One high output alternator should be enough. You can easily make a dual battery system that has a seperate battery for acceserories and one for starting the motor. The eaisiest way is just to have a switch to shut off the power to the positive terminal of the extra accesory battery. You can also go high tech with an isolator system. Really no need to have dual altenators. Anyways keep up the good work and lets see lots of pics of your fine Suburban. Cheers, chilli..:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal