95 montero SR upper control arms

Okay everyone, so I'm looking at rebuilding the entire front suspension on my 95 SR. Was looking at Moog parts and found that for the 95, according to their website, they only make a complete control arm for the right side, part #RK620656, however, when I search for a 97, it shows they only make a left side, part #RK620655. I was wondering if there was any part difference between the years or if perhaps it's just an issue with their catalog? I checked out mitsubishiparts.net, and noticed the part numbers do differ between the years. Part numbers are:

95 SR:
Left upper control arm-P/N-MR124879
Right upper arm- P/N-MR124880

97 SR:
Left upper control arm-P/N-MR296095
Right upper arm- P/N-MR296096

Any ideas?

plh

Explorer
Could be something as simple as a wire routing clip hole location change. Hard to say what drives the different part numbers.

Could be something as simple as a wire routing clip hole location change. Hard to say what drives the different part numbers.

That's what I was thinking also. Not sure if ABS was standard in 97 so maybe that's it. I may just chance it

scrubber3

Not really here
You could get it and modify as needed (for abs). The important thing is that it'll work for its intended purpose. The dementions are going to be correct. Might need to add a hole or bracket from the old arm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You could get it and modify as needed (for abs). The important thing is that it'll work for its intended purpose. The dementions are going to be correct. Might need to add a hole or bracket from the old arm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thank you sir

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Watch out for upper control arm nut coming loose repeatedly. I swear I read about this here and that's why I kept an eye on it, but I couldn't find the thread. I used aftermarket arms, I don't remember the brand though. I eventually had to use a lock nut with blue loctite and it finally stopped. I still check it all the time since its easy to do a visual on it anytime.

montero98ls

Observer
Watch out for upper control arm nut coming loose repeatedly. I swear I read about this here and that's why I kept an eye on it, but I couldn't find the thread. I used aftermarket arms, I don't remember the brand though. I eventually had to use a lock nut with blue loctite and it finally stopped. I still check it all the time since its easy to do a visual on it anytime.

Never read about it, wish I had though. I had mine back out and the bushing popped out when I was off road. Thank God I carry a bunch of tools. Had to cut the bevel the bushing a bit to get it back in and when I got back home replaced it under warranty. Also to the OP I have a 95 SR and when I got new upper arms there was a bracket for a brake line or something that wasn't needed so I cut it off but everything else fit fine.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Watch out for upper control arm nut coming loose repeatedly.

It happens to my aftermarket arms, too. Before I put mine on the truck I removed the nuts, used loc-tite and reset the nuts with my air gun and they still like to back off. I carry the appropriate wrench...

John B.

OP, any update on this? I'm about to do the same job on my 95 SR and prefer Moog.

Upon further inspection, the control arm bushings were all good. I ended up replacing all the tie rods, ball joints, pitman arm and Steering gear on the passenger side. My front end is now nice and quiet. Replaced with all Moog components. Quality was top notch and everything fit perfectly

Mr_Fish

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered the '97 left upper control arm and plan to get it on this weekend. Appreciate the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven