99 Chevy K1500 "Ron Suburgundy"

EricM

Standard American Mutt
ltSmUMT.jpg

Winter storm warning? No problem. picked some stuff up at target, and a bonus, we were the only ones at Panda Express!

EricM

Standard American Mutt
mDsZkZ2.jpg

Studying for my exam. Just a cheap radio to get me started in the hobby. Baofeng uv 5r

EricM

Standard American Mutt
Ticket punched! I passed the Technition exam, I took the general exam as I was already there and it was no additional charge. I was no where near passing that one.

Any way, I should have my call sign by Friday or so.

toehold

Custer (& the Black Hills) are a great place to go. Just don't be there the first part of August. The night show at Rushmore is not to be missed.

T.

EricM

Standard American Mutt
Time to prep the burb for this summer activities.

Below are the pieces for this evolution. A rear wiper blade, new shocks, new brakes and rotors, and finally r134a. I will eventually chase down the AC leak...

Below, the easiest part of the day.

Below, out with the old and in with the new

Below, I thought about removing the calipers and repainting them, then I just put it all back together, complete with new seals and re-greased. New shock in place as well.

Below, I swear it is sitting an inch higher than before :)

Last edited:

EricM

Standard American Mutt
This weekend I will probably replace the front door hinge pins to fix up the door sag.

EricM

Standard American Mutt
OWZjzVu.jpg

Looks like I will be replacing the tires on the trailer. Based on the manufacture code the date is from 2001, so it is time to replace let alone the cut in the sidewall.

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Man, that ball joint has some severe rust. I would replace those before going on any significant road trip towing any weight. Ask me how I know. What kind of trailer do you tow?

EricM

Standard American Mutt
Thanks, yes ball joint is on the list.

I tow a 14 foot pop up trailer. Super hard core, I know.

EricM

Standard American Mutt
The fuel gage has been jumping around and twitching, that is a sign in the suburban that the fuel pump could go out. I ordered a new one, with a new upgraded wiring harness and a new locking ring from napa tonight. Now I just gotta burn through the 44 gallons of gas I put in it a few days ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven