99 Diesel Montero in Costa Rica

kherman7

I moved to Costa Rica a year ago and now have a 1999 diesel Montero that needs some work. I need a new turbo and a completely new suspension for the horrible roads and rivers I drive through everyday. Model is V46wgnxfl, Engine 4m40. When I go onto auto part providers in the states it only gives one gasoline option for the 99 Montero. Anyone know of a good site to order a turbo from and any suggestions on a suspension kit are appreciated. I was looking at Old Man EMU as an option.

94monster

Observer
4m40 engine was not available in the States... You'll need to look at Australia or other parts of the world

Mephisto

The suspension is exactly the same. What are you looking to replace, the springs/torsion bars/shocks, or the bushings. Most people rave about the OME suspension for the springs/shocks combo. I would buy the rubber OEM bushings rather than the urethane replacement kits, as most people that have used these complain of excessive wear after a year or so. To reduce confusion, OME = Old Man Emu, an aftermarket manufacturer and OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer as in the original factory part as a replacement. You'll find the cheapest turbos on E-bay, I've installed and tested quite a few of the Chinese knock off turbos, for the most part their quality has been more than acceptable.

kherman7

Thanks for the info. I am looking at doing a full overhaul of the springs/torsion bars/shocks and the bushings. (The bushings down here are horrible and I have replaced them at least twice this year).

wlcm

Just visited kherman7 down in Costa a week ago and got to see the 99 Diesel. Cool truck! Also, checked out Ebay for you kherman7 and you can get a new turbo between $270USD and $419USD. Saw a new engine from the UK for $1,401USD too. Not sure if you know but the engine was also used by the Delica Van! The best prices for the suspension I have seen were at Rocky Road Outfitters here: http://www.rocky-road.com/monterosus.html
Look for section: Montero LWB rear coil lift kit, 1991-99, 1.25" lift

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online