A ‘convert’ FE is not a FG

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Wonder why the truck in Milwaukee had a clutch replaced so soon? Makes me think snow plowing.

I like the Long Island one but I have a penchant for service bodies. No mileage listed. Compressor and crane could be sold off to make some money. Is that an extra wide service body? Seems to be a lot of space between the outside of the body and the rear tires.

Milwaukee- Yeah, that and all the rust at the rear. Really weird the mileage being so low on it.

Long Island- I'm guessing that the Fuso is not the first home of that service body. Prob was on a F-350 dually or similar. :)

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Just a quick update - pulling the trigger on a 2007 FE145 crew cab with 200k miles. Have an agreement to wholesale purchase one, flying somebody up to check it out and if it is okay drive it back.

First stage will be 4x4 / SWB (along with comfort upgrades to the cab). Stage 2 is a bed (probably western stylish) and first pass at armor/bumpers. Stage 3 is a used trailer or truck camper on the bed. Stage 4 will be a custom box (once I figure out what I want).

102_2092.jpg

I think that 'converting' makes a bunch more sense for something not available (in the US) like a crewcab FG, then a stock truck. I'm not against converting for improvement, my FG is getting parabolic springs and front/rear swaybars from an Iveco 18-14, which will give it a better ride, better handling and more suspension clearance. In the original thread comparing cost/value, you would have to factor in the labor for a converted truck, compared to a factory truck. If a non shop owner had to have the work done, it would be parts+(labor x hourly rate). Even though you can do it yourself in house, since it is a business you and your crew's labor have a measurable value. Unlike a 'hobbyist' like myself, since my labor is a hobby and not a money maker. (it is only a money spender, but since I don't have Landies it is not too bad :sombrero: )

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Just a quick update - pulling the trigger on a 2007 FE145 crew cab with 200k miles. Have an agreement to wholesale purchase one, flying somebody up to check it out and if it is okay drive it back.

First stage will be 4x4 / SWB (along with comfort upgrades to the cab). Stage 2 is a bed (probably western stylish) and first pass at armor/bumpers. Stage 3 is a used trailer or truck camper on the bed. Stage 4 will be a custom box (once I figure out what I want).

View attachment 153452

So, any progress?

voo_pah

Ever look at putting a quad cab on 4x4 FE? Maybe as simple as adding rear 7 inch body mount spacers to the rear of the quad cab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77