A more proactive thread, 89 econoline from auto 4x2 to 4 speed 4x4

Itsavanman

Adventurer
quigley did it right.. its gonna be an interesting swap, for once this project turned out to be easier then I thought it was going to be.. hell yeah.. going to pull all the needed brackets from the front clip this week. go time is in 2 weeks for the swap. and a little progress made, I soldered the goofy ford quick connects for the master and slave to 3/16s flare fittings so I can use regular brake line instead of having to use the factory plastic stuff for the clutch line.. now just need to find a brake hose with just 3/16s fittings on either end...

Itsavanman

Adventurer
got the quigley front clip pulled apart yesterday.. with the exception of the track arm bushings everything came out in one piece, Quigley is not so helpful without a vin, going to see if I can pull a vin from whats left of the donor frame so I can get some replacement bushings, if not, bust out the caliper micrometer and hit up the Moog book, and had a new idea for interior layout to have more storage and not feel claustrofobic, after I sketched it out I found it's very Westfaliaish, which is good as those vans are much smaller than mine and are quite ergonomic, and almost airey inside.. I keep forgetting to take pictures, but I promise, some pics to come :D

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
Post up some pictures of the axle and control arms and we should be able to give you an idea of the vintage. Then some one with that year can give you a VIN to call Quigley with.

Itsavanman

Adventurer
its a 93, the frame is stamped 5-28-92 but no vin on the frame, was hoping that the partial vin would be on the front frame portion. I think I may have a set of bushings that will work

Itsavanman

Adventurer
what a flippin pain... got the remainder of old frame off one of the quigley brackets.. only took 4 hours.. man they were not meant to come apart!
P9030119_zpsd81bc60a.jpg

now onto this one! I hope its a little easier than the first one
P9030120_zpsd60146e5.jpg

what a pain! lol

Itsavanman

Adventurer
nope it wasn't any easier.. still a big old pain in the bum.. just need to replace the track bar bushings, and its to yanking out all the 2wd front suspension.. woo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven