Acela Straya

Progress in the chassis situation for North America.
CTIS and front difflock available (rear standard). 335/80R20s, single or double cab, probably can fit 14-15’ camper with the former.
A couple of not so great features: lacks diesel option, uses NP273 chain drive TC behind not very low geared Allison 1000. There’s a not too expensive workaround for that.
Comes with 2 piece alloy wheels (Hutchinson?). CTIS and front diff locks are reasonably priced. 36” fording option also.
Anyone seriously interested needs to find out if CTIS version comes with internal beadlocks. If Hutchinson, easily obtainable and installed.
Does anyone have any idea what kind of fuel consumption with the 6.0L GM gas engine, with a box on the back and 17-18000 gross weight? It has 38 gal tank.

Last edited:

Simonroadtrip

It’s around 10 mpg according to Earth Cruiser information. I am considering to create a expedition vehicle by combination of Bliss mobil 13ft box and this Straya truck.

BigDaddyX

Is it me, is the ground clearance figure they advertise misleading?

Why are they measuring it from the middle of the truck and not the axles? What kind of nonsense is this?

Is it me, is the ground clearance figure they advertise misleading?

Why are they measuring it from the middle of the truck and not the axles? What kind of nonsense is this?
I believe I read in their data that ground clearance under diffs is 14.4”. Putting to shame the typical 8-9” under F550 type diffs.

Tim K

I believe I read in their data that ground clearance under diffs is 14.4”. Putting to shame the typical 8-9” under F550 type diffs.
14.4 inches under the diff with those tires. Put 40" tires on a 550 and you will have similar numbers. When comparing apples to apples diff clearance is almost always going to be within an inch or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179