Actionmobil for low price

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Although it looks like a good deal. I wouldn't buy a actionmobil.... There are too many not so funny stories about them out there...

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I don't want to get haunted by them... But one thing I have been told and have seen several times is the way the body is fastened to the chassis...
Could be, they changed the design since I last saw it but it wasn't pretty to see the screws (that hold the body on the frame) strip while the truck was going through it's paces on a dirt road in africa....

Other then that they look very very nice on the inside! Very well done (on the inside I mean)

I actually know nothing about Actionmobil except for their website. I do find these 11 year old expedition trucks that only have 41000 km a bit odd. I have 57000km in 3.5 years and will have another 75000km by the end of 2012 or 2013.
I guess that would be about 6-8 round trips from Germany to Morocco, however.

Charlie

JayGannon

Adventurer
I wouldnt bring one of these to the americas, different style of expedition, this is designed for rally support or the sahara/mongolian trips, no roads no narrow passes etc.
Thats just me tho.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
By "The americas" I asume you mean North America? Seems like there is a lot down in South American that would be well suited to something like this...

Charlie, I see that it says you arein Anchorage, mind if I ask then, are the laws in AK the same as in the lower 48 on polution and soforth for vehicles? Could one not bring this thing into AK? Just ask because the population numbers are so low there, and seeing some of the vehicles they drive up there I would be shocked if they all follow in those requirements.

Thanks

Brian

JayGannon

Adventurer
Yeah I was trying to encompass USA, Canada and a good chunk of Central America. Northern Canada and Southern South America I could see yeah.

By "The americas" I asume you mean North America? Seems like there is a lot down in South American that would be well suited to something like this...

Charlie, I see that it says you arein Anchorage, mind if I ask then, are the laws in AK the same as in the lower 48 on polution and soforth for vehicles? Could one not bring this thing into AK? Just ask because the population numbers are so low there, and seeing some of the vehicles they drive up there I would be shocked if they all follow in those requirements.

Thanks

Brian

Bringing a vehicle in from another country into Alaska is subject to the same requirements as anywhere in the US. If it could be registered in Alaska, keeping it registered would not be a problem. But it can't be imported into the US by a US citizen or anyone else except by a foreign tourist for temporary use.

Charlie

skysix

Adventurer
Any Idea of the length of time the vehicle can be here? could you "pop" in and out of the country after a year?

Yes - 364 days to be safe then stay out for the weekend.

BUT it has to have current registration, plates with tags for the next year, and insurance that covers it in the "home" country as well as the US - all in the name of the driver with drivers license / address to match from the foreign country. can get tricky with respect to where you reside / what your purpose in the US is etc and what your passports / drivers licenses say.

michaelvanpelt

Observer
Action Mobil 6x6

A nice vehicle but I have been in a number of towns in Central and South America and Asia that a vehicle this size just plain could not get through town. The streets get narrower and narrower until you can't make the corner you are forced into. Whenever I get a potential customer that wants something this long I try to stress the benefit of a compromise of length. When you get over about 26 to 28 feet in length it can get difficult to maneuver in small towns. Height can become a problem also but its not as often and you can usually take a stick and raise the wires to get under if you need to. Of coarse rub rails are nice when you need to do this also.

As to the quality it is first class in fact the ones I have seen of Action Mobil are top line. I think the price is high when you consider Global Expedition Vehicles will build on a new or preowned chassis with a brand new expedition body with all options offered at the same or less price and with every bit the quality and attention to detail. All of the manufactures of expedition body's have had learning curves and we are no exception. They might have had a failure, but I am sure they fixed it and continued to get better with everyone they build like we do.

BUT the worst unit any expedition body manufacturer has built is probably better than some of the best conventional RV's on the market!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger