Adhesives!! need some help Sikaflex vs 3M vs???

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I hate working with Sika products... It's a shame that the adhesive we are using is not officially available in North America. We can only sell them in combination with our kits....I have just gone through 12 tubes of Koemmerling 225 for our build. That stuff is absolute killer! PU based, doesn't smell, water and soap clean up, UV stable, stays flexible and can easily be used in a hand caulking gun all day. Love that stuff!

Hi to All,

In a previous life I designed semi trailers and truck box bodies, these were all glued together using Sika 252 and the correct cleaner and primers.
These proved to be very durable.

Attachments

• Picture 094.jpg
    Picture 094.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Copy of Shannon Guich 11958.jpg
    Copy of Shannon Guich 11958.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 34
My RVGlobeTrekker DIY box used Sikaflex 552. No priming necessary on the panels or anodized aluminum per the RVGlobeTrekker guys, just clean the surfaces with lint-free cloth and alcohol.

- Shiek

jmmaxus

I like to watch trailer builds on YouTube this guys channel and his craftsmanship is excellent. He uses 3m VHB tape which I see is popular and looks easy to use to put up the walls. In part 3 of video he mainly uses the 3m tape, but in part 4 he uses Sika 221 for trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater