AEV 2.5" JK suspension released!

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Looks great James!! Really wish I had waited, but just an excuse to do it all over again I suppose-NOT!! Great proportions too. And it rides better than the S-II, LOL?

For those without a Procal, take all the tpms and put them in a sealed 2" piece of PVC with a valve on the end, fill to 40#, and stick it under the rear tray, or something along those lines.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
James- it looks great!! Steel whites or blacks would look great, but the alloys are sweet as well.
D

h20squirter

Supreme Allied Commander
I am going back and forth between getting this, the Rusty's 3.25" and the TF 2.5". I'm gonna be tight on the budget with doing lift, wheels, tires, and gears all at once. But this lift looks so awesome.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
The AEV suspension is superior to any other I have used in every way. The engineering is amazing. You won't go wrong with the way it drives, rides and handles.
D

James Pierce

Adventurer
We put a 2.5" Tera Flex Coil lift on our O8 JK and from day one it leaned 1" to the ps and it road like poop. Tera Flex could not or chose not to provide a reasonable explanation. You can't compare the quality between the two. Unfortunately when it comes to lifts you get what you pay for. There is not a magical cheap lift that will compare. If you can't swing the AEV get the OME (old man emu). Or another inexpensive option would be a budget boost to get you by until you can get the AEV.

Last edited:

Timgco

Adventurer
James, the JK turned out great! that kit with 33's looks very well balanced. The shackles look great too. What was invloved? just grind off the crushcans and bolt those on? who makes them? Thanks in advance.

James Pierce

Adventurer
Thanks Timgco. The J8 style shackles will be offered as a kit in the next week or so. You will have to remove the crush cans. They are powder coated in zinc rich primer and then textured black to match the bumper. The ones in the pic have red D rings. That is the color of the other accents on the Jeep. The kit will be all black.

Attachments

• IMG_0520.jpg
    IMG_0520.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 17

dstock

Explorer
Got mine done this weekend...the tires are Duratrac 285/70-17s....

Before:
i-XCHNsnr-M.jpg

After:
i-NvnSmh6-M.jpg

The ride is fantastic, its the way it should have been from the factory. Using the center line of the wheel, bottom of fender front is 39" and back is 39 3/4". I'm planning to add a rear bumper so that should level things out.

JKJenn

Adventurer
I ordered my kit today. I was hoping to be able to get it in sooner so I could do the install this weekend, but it didn't happen.

dstock

Explorer
I recommend air tools and and extra set of hands to make the install go more quickly. Those control arm bolts are tight!

JKJenn

Adventurer
I recommend air tools and and extra set of hands to make the install go more quickly. Those control arm bolts are tight!

Bummer...I am not sure I will be able to pull it off by myself, then. Using step-father's tools but he is sort of getting old and frail.

dstock

Explorer
You may want to hit up one of the jk forums, head into the regional section and have an install party. Many are willing to lend a hand. It's a Jeep thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal