AEV 2.5" JK suspension released!

Timgco

Adventurer
Bummer...I am not sure I will be able to pull it off by myself, then. Using step-father's tools but he is sort of getting old and frail.

see Jenn, if you live in Denver area here, we could hammer than lift out in an afternoon. :D

JKJenn

Adventurer
see Jenn, if you live in Denver area here, we could hammer than lift out in an afternoon. :D
)
You have no clue how much I have been considering such a move over the last year :D Maybe when the little nieces and nephews are bigger.

JKJenn

Adventurer
Finished the rear install tonight, front tomorrow. Stepfather took over the job completely. :p

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
My DUALSPORT XT 2.5" gets here Monday!!! It's going to be awesome to dump the 2.0" SPACER SUSPENSION I have on it now.

JKJenn

Adventurer
Am I crazy, or did the original pictures of this kit include the jack base? My kit did not include one and I am a little bummed. :-(

JPK

Explorer
Am I crazy, or did the original pictures of this kit include the jack base? My kit did not include one and I am a little bummed. :-(

You don't need it for 2.5" of lift. And they don't fit in the cubby of 2012's either.

JPK

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
image.jpeg
I beg to differ! I have my Jack Base in the Cubby of my 2012, it just fits. If your going to run 35 its nice to have, with the Jack maxed out you will just clear the ground by half an inch without the jack base. With 33 you would be fine.

Nate

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

JPK

Explorer
When did you get it? A friend has a 2012 and the one he got wouldn't fit. He told me AEV was redesigning them to fit, but that they weren't ready yet. He's a member here at ExPo, dp7197.

Hmm, did you take the carpet out, or does the 2012 come without carpet in the cubby? The (old style?) base barely fits in my 2010's cubby, and it fits the passenger side better, but that may be carpet compression. Maybe removing the carpet is the ticket to making it fit?

JPK

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I got my base in 2009. It's tight and I had to pop it with the bottom of my hand but it went in. I didn't make any mods to the cubby I put it in befor we left the dealer.

Zaskar

Here is mine,

Black.jpg

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
The AEV 2.5 XT is a great lift for the $$$.

Total cost for the lift ($900.00) with Geometry correction brackets ($100.00) , ProCal ($150.00), and install (five hours) and shipping was just over $1800.00.

Our first trip on it was 108 miles of dirt, from graded county roads to FS trails that included the Great Western Trail on FS 354 south of Williams, AZ. Those of you familiar with that area know it's good old mesa top lava for a few miles, and once on top of the Mogollon Rim, we encountered plenty of heavily rutted and muddy trails. First impressions of the ride were:

WooooooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It is very supple and rides great! The shock valving is spot on.

The JKUR is on 255/80-17 BFG KM2's.

My wife did all of the driving, and enjoyed every minute of it. She said the ride quality was more comfortable in the JK than in her '05 Taco with ICON 2.5" coilovers and Deaver rear leaf's, and I'd agree with that.

Mark

Attachments

• round mt.jpg
    round mt.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 13
  • orange crush.jpg
    orange crush.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 13

Zaskar

The AEV 2.5 XT is a great lift for the $$$.

Total cost for the lift ($900.00) with Geometry correction brackets ($100.00) , ProCal ($150.00), and install (five hours) and shipping was just over $1800.00.

Our first trip on it was 108 miles of dirt, from graded county roads to FS trails that included the Great Western Trail on FS 354 south of Williams, AZ. Those of you familiar with that area know it's good old mesa top lava for a few miles, and once on top of the Mogollon Rim, we encountered plenty of heavily rutted and muddy trails. First impressions of the ride were:

WooooooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It is very supple and rides great! The shock valving is spot on.

The JKUR is on 255/80-17 BFG KM2's.

My wife did all of the driving, and enjoyed every minute of it. She said the ride quality was more comfortable in the JK than in her '05 Taco with ICON 2.5" coilovers and Deaver rear leaf's, and I'd agree with that.

Mark

Very nice, anymore shots of the 255s front and rear , also whats the tire pressure with these and hows the ride quality with E rated tires? Thanks

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Street pressure is 30 front, 28 rear, as shown they were at 15 psi. I think it would be fine at 10 or less, there was very little bulge at 15. The ride is OK on the street - firmer than the C rated stockers, but not harsh. When the tires were first installed, they were at 40 PSI, and it was a bit stiff...

Both Dave at AEV and Scott Brady recommended the 255's to me.

MPG came out to 14.3 for the day, not bad considering we left the house at noon, arrived home at 9 PM, and we only did 15 miles of pavement while aired up. Average MPG with the 3.6L has been about 17.4 or so on the daily commute.

http://youtu.be/tbBOoloG2w8 might show the tires some. I don't have any head on shots here.

Mark

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
The KM2 255's are narrower then the stock Rubicon old style 255's by about 1/2". We got 8.5" wide rims based on the width of the stock tire, and at this point would have prefered an 8" for the 255/80-17's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal