aftermarket shifters for XJ

Bob Keyes

After having to relocate my seat back 2" it is very long reach to the transmission and transfer case shifters. My hoped for fix is a custom center console that will move the shifters to a more pleasing location. My question is has anyone used an aftermarket shifter for this, if so which one?

Bob

bpm4x4

I know the transmission shifter is movable on the automatic trans ones. Or are you wanting to move the transfer case lever too? The tranny one is cable operated, I don't know if you can get a longer cable, but there is some slack.

Instead of a straight shifter (automatic) the XJ has, you can install a Grand Cherokee shifter (Curved T-handle only) from the junkyard, which will gain you a few inches and might be enough rather than do what your'e suggesting. The T-handles just pull off, but take some umph. There is a write up some where on the conversion, but I can't remember where I saw it. Maybe GOJEEP's sight? Google it. I'm sure you can find it. That's all I have to suggest and will get that 2" back.

SC :ylsmoke:

squareaffair

If it is in fact an auto you could go with something like the RADesigns rail shifter. The transfer case would need some funky custom linkage to move it but it could probably be done

wreckedxj

After having to relocate my seat back 2" it is very long reach to the transmission and transfer case shifters. My hoped for fix is a custom center console that will move the shifters to a more pleasing location. My question is has anyone used an aftermarket shifter for this, if so which one?

Bob

speaking of custom center consoles maybe mine will give you some ideas. Using cable shifters you can move the levers almost anywhere you want to.

DSC_6414_zps02c54fb4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat