Alone with my thoughts...SE Utah Solo in December

mph

Expedition Leader
Yes, u need to hike to that one:). There is a story/history to that one. Will fill u in...maybe we can break away in the next month or so??

Nope. I burned most of the day in the upper canyon. I'd like to do the entire canyon one of these days.

mkitchen

Explorer
Quote,Thank you. I appreciate that. I haven't done much in the way of trip reports for awhile, as it seemed that people weren't reading much of them anymore. Moody

Yet the ones who do would be severely disappointed if no one took the time to share their tales anymore. ExPo would be a much lesser place if trip reports faded away.
Haggis

I agree:iagree:

Thanks for the report , great pics and story .

P.S. was wondering the first pic in your report was of a couple skeletons , do you think they were cattle rustlers ? I found 3 in one spot on our trip to the North Rim that I thought might have been rustlers . View attachment 84897
Here's a pic of 1 of them , they were all within 15 feet of each other .:Wow1:[/QUOTE]

Probably not rustlers. After many years on a ranch, I find the those who do rustle cattle, tend to be quick. They don't take to time to dress out the beef where it was taken. However, ranchers will tend to haul dead cows to on spot to keep their range neater. every ranch has a bone yard and I am guessing that that is what Moody came across.
Mikey

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism