Alpine White 1995 Range Rover Classic LWB

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader

SOLD PENDING FINAL PAYMENT
DETAILED VIDEO BELOW PLEASE WATCH
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION- had requests for info. Engine - 4.2 l V8 / Transmission- Borg Warner with viscous diff /MPG- depends on how you drive like most vehicles but can be actually really good or complete crap if you stomp on it a lot.
Hello all thanks for looking. Let me give you a brief overview of the truck before I harass you with a million details. I bought the truck a few months back in Yuma AZ from a Marines mechanic that worked on jets. He used it for commuting to CA and back until recently when he purchased another disco for his wife and a commuter compact for him. Overall it was in great shape and checked out very well in every category including compression testing at the mechanic. I purchased it with the intention of restoring it and using it for a daily driver before I switched jobs. I've replaced a myriad of parts to make sure it was reliable as well as spruced up the interior and exterior in some areas which I'll talk about below. It runs perfect and I recently drove it from Prescott AZ to Dallas TX (where its now located) without issue. I love this car and it works great for a daily driver but my new job requires so much driving that it would have pained me wasting the miles on her every day. With that in mind I want to sell her to someone who will appreciate the truck which is why im posting it here first and not on craigslist etc. So without further delay and boring you to death here are the details. I have the maintenance records and receipts for everything. Most parts are genuine but what parts aren’t, are proline or roversnorth. Also the vehicle ran perfectly when purchased no overheats etc in its past. I simply replaced everything on the list preventatively.I've also included a video on this post but forgive me for its poor quality. I'm no actor and this is the first one I've made.
http://youtu.be/CDhtsfwNDFA

Starting from the purchase of the vehicle here’s what has been installed:
  • All new fluids filters pans and gaskets etc
  • All new plugs, leads, distributor and distributor cap
  • New brake pads and rotors, wheel bearings, seals, gaskets
  • Brand new genuine LR steering wheel
  • New Optima yellow top battery
  • New alternator
  • New OME Suspension Kit 1.5” lift Medium duty shocks and springs
  • New BFG TA/KOs
  • New Range Rover all weather floor mats
  • New disco cup holders (sounds dumb but you would understand after using stock ones)
  • ALL NEW GENUINE HOSES AND COMPONENTS FOR COOLING SYSTEM
  • Spare relays for every system
  • Entire new headliner including sun roof
  • Refinished and repainted tailgate and surrounding back end. NO RUST!!
  • New genuine tail light guards
  • Genuine Dog Guard with divider
  • New starter motor
  • New stepper motor
  • New fuel pump, sending unit, filter, wire harness, hoses and hardware
  • New thermostat
  • New door locks (even the remote system works if you can get a fob)
  • Rebuilt seat control boxes
  • New Kexby Seat Covers
  • Has scan gauge built in under passenger seat
  • New exhaust system
  • Converted from rotoflex to standard with brand new drive shaft
  • ARB bumper

I know im missing things but I cant seem to remember them at the moment so expect some updates to this list later.
Now the famous problems section which I think will be shorter than most rovers.
Current issues include:
Slight rust on the left speaker cover (shown in video) Right speaker cover fell off due to cracked plastic however it has no rust and I still have it.
The brand new rotors were unfortunately warped when I had to brake hard to avoid a car that ran a red light. I had them checked and they work just as effectively but it had that annoying wobble.
Driver seat under cover has wear on left half from former owner getting in and out. I had planned to redo the seat but ended up waiting when I liked the Kexby covers better.
As many old rovers get the ignition switch can be hard to turn. I haven’t had an issue with it in the last month for some reason, seems to have gone away as even my father could do it without issue.

Current mileage is 156,XXX and I'm asking 10,000 OBO. Please feel free to make offers. I can be reached easiest by text or call at 817-233-1884 but I work long hours so if I dont pick up I will call back. Also please feel free to ask for more details or pictures of anything on the vehicle. Theres nothing to hide as the truck is in great shape.

Last edited:

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Found a guy who had one from his old range rover. Said at 275,000 he didnt want to replace the engine and let her go so he had a bunch of accessories

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Found a guy who had one from his old range rover. Said at 275,000 he didnt want to replace the engine and let her go so he had a bunch of accessories

Could you do me a favor and see if there are any stickers or etchings indicating a model number? If you can't find any info on it I can google I may buy that off you.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Ill definitely let you know tomorrow. I apologize for not checking this more. I'm working 55-60 hour weeks and I have barely had time to sleep not to mention be online.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Ill definitely let you know tomorrow. I apologize for not checking this more. I'm working 55-60 hour weeks and I have barely had time to sleep not to mention be online.

No rush, our dogs hate touching each other when they lay down unless it's on their terms, a divider would be nice.

haven

Expedition Leader
Forum rules for the For sale section say you need to include a complete vehicle description, and location in case someone wants to see the vehicle. Please add details like miles on the odometer, engine and transmission. And tell us where in Texas the vehicle is at present. Thanks.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Thanks all! Updated the engine transmission and mpg info but those other items like location and mileage are in there. Original engine tranny etc just In case someone is wondering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online