Alu-Cab Khaya Prime 2-person Camper in Black - SOLD

Also would you like mind sharing exactly what group it is on Facebook? I’d love to try and direct message him and see if he can answer some of our questions! Thanks!
The facebook group is "Alu-Cab Community: Official Group" and I will PM you his name or if you search for Tundra in the group it should come up.

ShauseR

Hi...I live in Bend also...and unfortunately never saw your rig around. I definitely would have been a buyer had I known! I literally just ordered one today, expecting sometime in July I believe? I already have a Alu-Cab Canopy camper on my LB Tacoma which I absolutely love. The quality and materials are top notch. My wife and friends think I am nuts...probably for many reasons...but, mainly because I had ordered a brand new Hawk which I had picked up a week ago. I just didn't love it. I immediately realized I should have gotten a Khaya. I sold the Hawk in less than 24 hours and I plan on mounting this Khaya on a 3/4 ton F-250. Clearly the weight won't be an issue...and I will have room to mount an aux tank in front bed. Having an extra 51 gals is huge for me! I remember thinking a year or so ago...why hasn't anyone done this? Apparently, some outfitter in Europe put one on a Ram Power Wagon and it looks great to me. I really hope it doesn't look too anemic on a full size??? Anyway...good luck to you. I also have a travel trailer which will be pulled by the F-250 with the Khaya. I should make for a nice pairing when we want to drop the trailer and head out for a few days much lighter.
If you or anyone else knows of anyone putting one on a full size...I would be very interested in seeing/learning of the result.

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Hi...I live in Bend also...and unfortunately never saw your rig around. I definitely would have been a buyer had I known! I literally just ordered one today, expecting sometime in July I believe? I already have a Alu-Cab Canopy camper on my LB Tacoma which I absolutely love. The quality and materials are top notch. My wife and friends think I am nuts...probably for many reasons...but, mainly because I had ordered a brand new Hawk which I had picked up a week ago. I just didn't love it. I immediately realized I should have gotten a Khaya. I sold the Hawk in less than 24 hours and I plan on mounting this Khaya on a 3/4 ton F-250. Clearly the weight won't be an issue...and I will have room to mount an aux tank in front bed. Having an extra 51 gals is huge for me! I remember thinking a year or so ago...why hasn't anyone done this? Apparently, some outfitter in Europe put one on a Ram Power Wagon and it looks great to me. I really hope it doesn't look too anemic on a full size??? Anyway...good luck to you. I also have a travel trailer which will be pulled by the F-250 with the Khaya. I should make for a nice pairing when we want to drop the trailer and head out for a few days much lighter.
If you or anyone else knows of anyone putting one on a full size...I would be very interested in seeing/learning of the result.

Our Khaya is now at home on a Tundra 1st Gen. While not as large as an F-250, it's a much bigger truck than our Taco. Personally, I think it looked much better on the larger platform. Less "muffin top" happening like on my truck.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Our Khaya is now at home on a Tundra 1st Gen. While not as large as an F-250, it's a much bigger truck than our Taco. Personally, I think it looked much better on the larger platform. Less "muffin top" happening like on my truck.

Did it fit the cab/bedrail clearance stock, or did it need a platform? I've had a heck of a time getting consistent data without having access to either a Khaya or a truck to measure from!

ShauseR

Did it fit the cab/bedrail clearance stock, or did it need a platform? I've had a heck of a time getting consistent data without having access to either a Khaya or a truck to measure from!
Hi....I have spent the last couple of weeks verifying the measurements as best as I could. Between the sales rep in South Africa...and OK4WD sales, I think I have it all covered. I can send you what I have if interested. Basically...the side rails are not the issue. It is the cab. A GMC 2020 2500HD has a bed to cab height of about 41" if I recall. An F-250 has 46"! If you omit the table and old style shower cube...you have about 45.75" of height on Khaya from bed floor to cab height. Two horse stall rubber pads at about 3/4" each should provide the spacing needed.
Let me know if you want additional measurements.

ShauseR

I sure wish I had followed through with that idea a year or so ago. I like my Tacoma...but it is already underpowered for doing much in my opinion. Let alone drop at least 1k in bed. And I agree that the Khaya in mid size sure does seem like a lot of camper! I will be posting my 2013 Tacoma with Alu-Cab Canopy Camper up for sale here soon I think. Unfortunately...can only have so many toys...I am running out of parking space.

ShauseR

I def. want to see a Khaya on a fullsize truck. Make sure you do a build thread, when the time comes!
I can do that...Should have the Khaya in June time frame. It will be mounted on a 2006 GMC 2500HD...I was thinking of buying a 2021 F-250 Tremor, but will wait a bit for post Covid production to stabilize. I have been reading too many horror stories of really poor quality control in production. Plus...its a crappy time to buy a truck due to shortages...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal