Alu-Cab shawdow awning

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Lots of those types of awnings available in the USA - often called a "Bat Wing" or "270 degree" awning I think...

Last edited:

ab1985

Explorer
Lots of those types of awnings available in the USA - often called a "Bat Wing" or "270 degree" awning I think...

Not true. There are other awnings that do not require legs, but the 270 degree awnings do not provide as much coverage at the rear of the vehicle.

OP - see below thread which contains some discussion on the Shadow. To my knowledge no one over here has one, yet. I'd be interested in whatever info you get about bringing one stateside.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/79450-Eezi-Awn-Bat-270

kpredator

Adventurer
alu-cab awning

hey john
post your question on 4x4 community forum.za.
some of the south African overlanders should be able to answer your questions

good luck

kp

tribeof5

Adventurer
Check out the Bunduawn from Bundutec USA. We have an 8' awning from them that requires no legs at all to be deployed. We have only used guy lines one time on a very windy day. We have 5 kids so we didn't want a lot of objects for them to have to avoid around camp.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Not true. There are other awnings that do not require legs, but the 270 degree awnings do not provide as much coverage at the rear of the vehicle.

OP - see below thread which contains some discussion on the Shadow. To my knowledge no one over here has one, yet. I'd be interested in whatever info you get about bringing one stateside.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/79450-Eezi-Awn-Bat-270

Oh - Didn't notice that difference between it and the others. Nice.

I have a "Shady Boy" awning and like it - no legs required and its very light / small and opens to about 6 feet out and 10 feet long - I planned on having one at the side slider door of the van and one in the back - but right now just have one on the side. www.shadyboy.com

US made parts / Canadian assembled too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk