Am I crazy? Linear actuators & mounting internally

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Maybe I'm crazy and thinking this is possible. If I am, feel free to let me know or if you have other suggestions. But I'm wanting to mount 4 (2 pairs) linear actuators to lift the roof rack platform that I would be installing (w/ different rtt & awning) 12-18" but keep all the actuators hidden inside my trailer's shell with a couple inches of actuator casing protruding from the trailer's rooftop rather than exposed on the exterior. I would then seal/waterproofing around the exit point of the roof. Something like this picture.

actuator-1-scaled.jpg

Here is my trailer.
Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 8.33.21 AM.png

simple

Adventurer
can you post a link or picture of the actuators for reference? My initial question is whether or not they are rated for outdoor use. Also can they take any side loading or are they just designed to push. You might need additional linkages or constraints.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

can you post a link or picture of the actuators for reference? My initial question is whether or not they are rated for outdoor use. Also can they take any side loading or are they just designed to push. You might need additional linkages or constraints.

Optical Feedback Linear Actuators 200lb & 12"

I was thinking of using the base mounting bracket and if needed an additional collar mounting bracket up higher to keep the actuator in a static position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179