Ambulance Conversion (and other trucks) - Did it work?

Village Idiot
I love the idea of a ambo rig. But, I just can't do it. The thought of how many people died in that on vehicle, nope nope nope.

Coachgeo

Explorer
I love the idea of a ambo rig. But, I just can't do it. The thought of how many people died in that on vehicle, nope nope nope.

That has been brought up before and it has been said that this is a complete falsehood. If they pass they do so at the hospital. EMT job is to keep up CPR etc ... pretty sure they are NOT allowed to stop. That is the Dr.'s call. Besides.... even if it was true..... % has got to be SIGNIFICANTLY more lives saved.... more little babies born etc etc in that Aluminum box than otherwise. Glass is most certainly well beyond half full.

Last edited:

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
That has been brought up before and it has been said that this is a complete falsehood. If they pass they do so at the hospital. EMT job is to keep up CPR etc ... pretty sure they are NOT allowed to stop. That is the Dr.'s call. Besides.... even if it was true..... % has got to be SIGNIFICANTLY more lives saved.... more little babies born etc etc in that box Aluminum box than otherwise. Glass is most certainly well beyond half full.
Great Post:exclaim::exclaim:

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader

Policy prohibits loading DOAs... it's not a hearse. Nothing but positive energy in mine :D

In my rescue squad we transport "the dead" sometimes (accidents, deaths in hard to reach places, ect) and we have ambos.....in fact my 94 ambo just before retirement transported a poor farmer that a tractor rolled over on him.

Coachgeo

Explorer
In my rescue squad we transport "the dead" sometimes (accidents, deaths in hard to reach places, ect) and we have ambos.....in fact my 94 ambo just before retirement transported a poor farmer that a tractor rolled over on him.

And following that she was properly cleaned and sanitized... probably more so than your own kitchen where your kids have thrown up a million times and bleeding cuts have been bandaged etc etc. Point being made is transporting dead or injured is not an issue when it comes to making one into an RV.

But if If someone is too squeamish to look at all the good that has gone on in an Ambo.... sorry to hear that such a great resource for conversion to an RV has to be pulled from your list.... but we understand. It is what it is.

zuke

Adventurer
People die in houses, resturants, stores, cars, buses, parks, and especially, hospitals, all the time. Certainly no one is going to stop going to those places because of it, so why let it bother you about an Ambulance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333