anker powerhouse with arb frig and solar panel

St1

Just received my anker powerhouse from a day after Christmas sale $399 on the horrible anker website. It came with 71% charge, topped it off quickly and immediately hooked it up to my arb 50 frig.

I read a review that the anker had a hard time with an arb frig. 15 hours later starting from 57 air temp the anker is at 41% and the frig is at 33 degrees. I put a 22 oz Stone Enjoy by and a growler from pizza port as the contents of the frig. The arb got to 33 really fast and the anker had no problem getting it there.

Also bought a anker powerport solar from amazon. It works great. However finding any info on what cord to attach the solar to the powerstation is maddening. you would think they would have a usb to 8mm dc cord on the anker website but none that i can find. If any one has solved this conundrum the info would be greatly appreciated. Calling anker this morning and hoping to get some info.

Yes the powerhouse is crazy small and super light.

St1

Just got off the phone with anker. Don't buy one of their solar panels thinking it will charge the power house. In the near future they will have one available but not yet. They said they used the goal zero boulder as their test panel to charge the power house. Super nice and really good customer service with a very knowledgeable dude.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
I dont get why anyone would spend so much on those. You can build a solid solar setup for $400 and just add a second battery to the car and you will be solid.

Looking at the specs its only like 33ah battery with a 160w inverter. Just saying

I have an optima battery (55ah) for the second one ($200 )then 80w solar panel ($100 or less) and $60 morning star charge controller.

Can get more solar and still be under. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Kalisaya Power

Supporting Sponsor
When powering your ARB fridge using the KaliPAK 601, put ARB power mode on low. This will let you get more hours of powering.

Check out Kalisayapower.com for the best solar power system ever designed

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
When powering your ARB fridge using the KaliPAK 601, put ARB power mode on low. This will let you get more hours of powering.

Check out Kalisayapower.com for the best solar power system ever designed

Why don't you start your own thread? Four forum posts and all you have done is pop up in threads where people have already purchased a product or in another vendors thread and try to push your crap.

capnjackcanon

Observer
I know this is a bit of an old thread, but if the OP is still around, I'm curious how things have been with the PowerHouse. I have one and haven't figured out if it's going to run my fridge full time. I'm running a Dometic 49 Liter in the truck and would like to get it setup with solar topping up the powerhouse and the powerhouse running the fridge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism