Any Alu-Cab Gen III RTT owners get the side cover

Romer

Adventurer
With my 200 series, I have to have the ladder on the side, looking at the side awing and wondered if any one had it? Curious if it gets in the way of closing the tent up

tomtaylz

With my 200 series, I have to have the ladder on the side, looking at the side awing and wondered if any one had it? Curious if it gets in the way of closing the tent up

I did a fair bit of research on this but do not own one. I believe you have to roll up the side awning before closing the tent.

Stabwell

I have mixed feelings about this cover. It's incredibly expensive for what it is, and kind of comes across as an afterthought. I'm worried that the rolled-up cover will have a tendency to stick out and interfere with the clamshell's rubber seal as it's closed. But there's no denying that having a cover over the entryway is very, very useful.

If you do end up getting this, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I've had my Alu-cab for over a year and a half now. Even with my normal camping kit stowed inside the tent, I think it won't have a problem closing with the side cover in place.

I do agree that it's expensive for what it is, and is definitely an afterthought. Given that, it's also on my wishlist for a future purpose. I only enter my tent from the driver's side, and this would be a nice addition.

I'd love to hear some feedback from someone who has one.

emulous74

I have it also, although it's installed, I haven't used as I share the tent with a friend who installed it, I can assure that it does roll up and does not impeded opening/closing the tent, as when I last used the tent it was up there all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itsgreg