Any decent inclinometers?

robert

Expedition Leader
They are great for leveling your vehicle if you use it for sleeping inside of or on with a roof top tent, LOL

That's why I want one- easier to see than my small bubble level that I put on my console as I try to get the truck fairly level for the night. :)

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
I have one from a montero that I picked up from a u-pull a while back. Don't think I am going to end up using it if anyone want's it shoot me a PM. You would have to figure out how to mount it and back light it.
cd4f60ac.jpg

sixbennetts

Adventurer
Here's one I got on E*bay for a little over $5 shipping included:

clinometer.jpg

Gonna remove the base and mount it in my dash.

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Actually, a string w/a weight mounted on your rear view mirror and markings w/tape or perm marker on the dash works well always and is powered by gravity toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!:wings:

Scoutn79

Adventurer
I like the gravity backlit Riekerinc one but since the versions only go to 10 and 20 deg they are better suited to leveling your motorhome than use off road, and they are better versions for leveling a motorhome. I really like the iPhone "Wheelin" version since you can add your own background picture.....not sure it is worth using up my iPhones battery just to see what angle I am at tho. I really like the gravity ball and tube design...maybe not accurate to 1 deg but close enough and there aren't any moving parts/electronic systems to stick or fail.
Darrell

sixbennetts

Adventurer
Look around on their site a bit, they've got a lot of different ones. Very nice stuff, but I bet it's expensive.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: They're a great beginner tool and also great for pics and bar tales-

I've had this one in three different 4x4s, over 25 years, also has a pwr plug/light to use at night !

SKYPEmobile009.jpg

SUNP0059.jpg

Daystardashtray075.jpg

Sorry for the pics, but some are pretty old

Nothing replaces your gut and alert driving, but you gotta learn and there's a lotta things for IMPORTANT consideration when side hilling--

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

sixbennetts

Adventurer
Yeah, it's a redundancy thing, right?

Seriously, I have a hole in my dash I wanted to fill with something useful. This works.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh, well-SHE's ona velcro pad and "Quacks" when I get to 40°-

So JIMBO, does the rubber ducky sliding off your dashboard visually indicate that you're dangerously off-camber? ;)

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Scoutn79

Adventurer
Look around on their site a bit, they've got a lot of different ones. Very nice stuff, but I bet it's expensive.
The only ones I noticed that would work in an off road situation are not backlit.....basically they are the same as the ones I use that I got for $5 at a 4wd shop except theirs are glass tube and mine are plastic tube...Are there backlit ones that go beyond 20 deg?
Darrell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater