Anybody on here with a Freelander?

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
I have a few Freelander accessories (Genuine LR) new in the box kicking around and I'm trying to find a good home for them. Will make a great deal for an ExPo member.

LR part # STC53078 Freelander side steps, new in the genuine LR box.

STC53078.jpg

LR part # LRK20100 "Full length roof rails & rail grabbers Freelander 5D"

frrail2.jpg

dcwhybrew

Adventurer
I dont think anyone would admit to driving one. Steve Young may still have his. Check his GreenOval.com BBS...LOL

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Came across a pompous prick at uhaul last week that was driving a freelander, DUKE sticker, frosted tips and all... he made some very snide comments to me about the truck i was driving.

Hope to see him again one day when i am driving my disco...

-Sam

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
I see a few around. It's sad because they weren't bad cars (note "cars") but they only offered them here with the worst possible drivetrain configuration. If they were available with the TD4 and 5spd trans, I might drive one today.

I agree. I wanted one as a daily driver, but that powertrain is an absolute nightmare with a seeming 100% failure rate. Land Rover Salvage picked up a nice 04 with a blown motor for only $500, that's what they go for because everybody has a chassis in need of a motor. Was intending on swapping in a TD5 drivetrain but I don't thing that's happened yet. But it's a recipe for a nice little car for only a few grand.

FreebieFreddy

This is my Freelander

4450724019_d422fc20bc_z.jpg

4451495180_da3ce039fc_z.jpg

This is my Freelander Td4 with some mods.

5687101885_39c7168dc4_z.jpg

This is my 'One-Man-Van'.

5687102463_fb9a3705b8_z.jpg

The Van has two slide-outs and (and one slide-on, not shown in these pics).

5973241891_687c20a5b9_z.jpg

Static pic of New slide-out external kitchen cupboard.

5687103805_565566d20c_z.jpg

Inside it has a 4ft double bed and a seating area. The doors to the left of the seating access a vertical locker ..... which is also accessed outside aswell.

Do I have the credentials to join the forum ???

:)

Alaska Mike

ExPo Moderator/Eye Candy
The Freelanders we got in the States weren't quite the same animal you guys got in the UK. The same could be said for most Rovers over here. Most Land Rover enthusiasts over here would kill for stripped-down, diesel versions of Discos and Range Rovers, because what we got were luxo-utes with thirsty engines.

FreebieFreddy

The trailer is a "Cargo Trailer" that I converted. I call it my 'One-Man-Van' ........ also known as a Land Reefer 2

It has two slide-outs, a slide-on and a pop roof........ all on a 8ft x 4ft floor plan.

Last edited:

bentonrover

Observer
We had an 04 HSE model. It wasnt my P38 or disco but it ran a lot better than those. That was our long drive vehicle (fingers stayed cross). Started having electric issues, cyl 4 misfires only, and the sweet smell of coolant at 43k on it. Traded it for an Outback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven