Anyone ever make their own road shower device?

ridendude

I built my own heat exchanger and plumbed it into my FJC cooling system. A 12v pump in a water source and the shower head clipped onto an attachment on the front bumper. Works very well.
My gf uses a Zodi and it works pretty darn good as well.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
I looked at building my own, as i have over the years.

Then i found this, which in my opinion, for the prices, is absolutely PERFECT and does exactly what i need/want!

Very simple yet genius design, and serves double duty as a 5 gallon water storage tank!

www.roadshower.com

If you click on my build link you can see more pics!

Two thumbs up for this product!

david.lemke

Adventurer
I did make a outside shower stall for 2 out the back of my van, 3/8 electrical conduit, 3/4 pvc pipe, 3 black shower curtains, 1 shower curtain with pockets, 2 2 gallon chemical lawn spray bottles painted black, 4 foam interlocking floor pads, less than 40 bucks to do this

painted the spray bottles black to absorb heat from the sun or in the case a few weeks ago we used the bonfire to help with the heating, had to shake it up a little to get the cooler water from the bottom to mix up and it was like bath water all weekend when I needed a shower

after the first night between me and the wife we only used half of one spray bottle between the two of us, and she has long hair which made for rinseing conditioner out a pain in the butt

86cj

Explorer
Road shower

I was planning on a couple of heavy plastic pipe water tanks on the roof rack for my Van build, but like most people I started using what I had and am also old enough to need a good reason to change.
When Jeep camping I used two MSR 10L or 2.5 gal water bags w/ shower kits that still work fine after 10 years. The spray pattern and pressure are great and waste is minimal, it will even take hot water. Filling and carrying are what makes me just keep using them, they will fill in a small sink (great on the road) and are easy to carry back to camp.The other cool thing is how easy storage is empty and full, the bag conforms alot full but can take a real serious beating, mine started life hanging from the rollbar covered in Moab dust..

Making mud right by my vehicle instead of some other part of camp just seems like a plan B or C to me..........

Bag.. http://www.amazon.com/MSR-Dromedary-Handle-Liter-Black/dp/B000FIU2T6/ref=sr_1_2/176-8026583-4775853?ie=UTF8&qid=1445634537&sr=8-2&keywords=msr+dromedary+shower+kit....

Shower kit...http://www.amazon.com/MSR-Dromedary-Shower-Kit/dp/B002IAHBES/ref=pd_sim_468_8?ie=UTF8&dpID=41%2B0%2Ba86TSL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR139%2C160_&refRID=1MYM3BDTDWDR8G9XX6B0

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Like I said, my setup is going on the "unused" side of the camper, not a vehicle, but my pop up trailer roof rack. I have the enclosure already. I just want warm water in the daytime to shower with. I think I know what I need. Thanks for the help. I am going to make two tanks that span the length of the rack. That way I have enough water for the weekends.

bajarat

Explorer
I used one of these for 5 weeks at my home following Hurricane Ike that trashed my place.

$10 and it did the job very well for FIVE weeks

image.jpg

mowerman

Adventurer
There's a chap on here who developed a shower nozzle that fits into regular water bottles for a simple shower, it looked really good but maybe someone can find the link to it.

Geodoc

Adventurer
Thanks for remembering the Simple Shower mowerman and Robert Bills :). Expect prices to drop a bit on Amazon, and expect to see it in more stores this summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach