Anyone have a fridge inside the truck cab with them?

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Thinking of putting a 12v truck fridge between the front seats in the F 150, what about heating up the air inside on a hot day? Don't really want to go to the trouble of venting to the outside.

Hegear

I run a freezer behind the passenger seat. Keep it at 15 24/7. It does produce heat but not enough to worry about. When parked in a sunny spot I vent the windows just to help the fridge run more efficiently.

I have two running in my van 24-7 365. The heat build up is inconsequential Compared to the heat from the sun or engine/exhaust radiating through the metal. If you can, crack a few windows when parked but honestly i almost never bother.

kcshoots

I've been thinking about doing the same in my Fuso Canter-based expo camper in the making. Any good suggestions of a small unit? I've been having a hard time finding a smallest enough unit, like what Land Rover offers an option for the center console.

highwest

Thinking of putting a 12v truck fridge between the front seats in the F 150, what about heating up the air inside on a hot day? Don't really want to go to the trouble of venting to the outside.
Depending on the year, Dometic makes/made a fridge that was also a center arm rest for the F150.

C-Fish

Adventurer
I’ve had my ARB 50qt running 24/7/365 in the back of the FJC for over 12 years now. No issues. I have a 100w solar panel on the roof to assist the battery. No rear seats as I have a sleeping platform in that space. plenty of air movement around the fridge…

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Thanks guys!

My fridge, according to the proprietor of the garage sale, took the fridge out of a sleeper cab semi. No name on it, no back or lower sides on the fridge as it was made to slide in and out of a casing in the interior. It is bigger than the auto arm rest types but that is the plan, build it in and have an arm rest of temporary seat/table on top.

Any pictures you haven of your setup would be great!

kmacafee

Adventurer
I have a cheap Amazon one that has worked for years. Its plugged into a Jackery which is charged when the truck is running.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Hmmmm? Anyone carry an open bottle of some good stuff in the fridge in their vehicle? Wonder about open container laws, while RVs and limos are generally exempt, does your vehicle pulling an RV and from out of state get any consideration?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
My fridge is in the way-back, behind a cargo barrier. Ive never worried about open containers, If I get to the point where an officer is searching the fridge for something there have to be much bigger problems than a container.

If it was in the center console, I would probably think differently.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Hmmmm? Anyone carry an open bottle of some good stuff in the fridge in their vehicle?
Sounds like a country song...

Screenshot 2024-04-04 151925.png

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I can't stand old country music, I'm a hard core Rocker, lyrics are ok, it's just the twang I can't stand.

Depends on who sings it, but hopefully the "Officer" doesn't notice a fridge between the seats.....
Those lyrics are from a newer Jason Aldean country song, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179