Anyone have the ARB Stubby?

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
My old bumper (AEV) has been removed and listed for sale in the Vehicle Parts For sale will post some pics of the new ARB stubby tomorrow. I had to cut a little to get my Warn CTI-S winch to fit but the instructions indicated I would so no surprises.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
The price is very relative! the transport for the parts is inexpensive compared to others. The stubby is lighter than the plastic bumper, and that is also very important for suspension, steering and mileage. Also the possibility to use accessories both front and rear. And of course it is more expensive than ARB or others, others use cheap steel, Pronghorn uses aircraft grade aluminum, you pay what you get!

Your argument to other companies using "cheap steel" for their bumpers is getting kind of annoying. If other companies were using said, "cheap steel," I think we'd be seeing more complaints about how crappy these bumpers actually are. Which, I haven't seen many complaints about other companies bumpers whether it be ARB, Poison Spyder, Smittybuilt, WARN, Shrockworks, or any other company out there because their bumpers are falling apart because of the so called "cheap steel."

Why does it matter that your bumper is made out of aircraft grade aluminum? The bodies of the 787 are made out of carbon fiber now. I should probably get a bumper made from CF now since it makes aircraft grade aluminum obsolete now. You save a little bit of weight, big deal. Throw all your crap up front like a winch and what not and you're only off by a little bit. Big deal.

So Pronghorn has a cool, new bumper. But it's overpriced and out of the market range that people would spend unless you have deep pockets. But it won't make your rig any cooler or better than the next.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I'm on my phone and can't see the pic as good but what winch is that? Did you have to do anything to get it to fit or did it drop right in?

Bumper and everything else on it looks great.

heehawhardy

Adventurering
I really think I'm sold on this bumper. Was torn between ARB Rock bar and ARB Stubby, but this just sealed the deal!

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
As for the winch I have, it is the Warn CTI-S. I did have to cut a little off the jeeps passenger side frame end cap. It has a description of what to do in the instructions but they were kind of hard to understand. I mounted the bumper with two of the eight bolts, set the winch in and you will quickly see what needs to be cut. Very easy though two cuts about 2" long each. I used a sawsall but could be done with a hack saw. Also you have to pound (small sledge hammer) part of the frame flat, sounds scary but it was minor. The passenger side inner and upper bolt is touching the winch (decorative motor cover) thats how tight the clearance is. Don't think there is away around this with this winch but I am ok with it. I would recommend this bumper! Its a good blend of expo and rock crawling which is what I was looking for.
Hope this helps :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3