Anyone here using an XP Campers tray/flatbed?

Chorky

Observer
For me...….

We're not planning to put a camper on this tray which I know some would. What we're looking at doing is to have a half width behind-the-cab closet that will store the fridge and have a shelf above. This would stay with the truck all the time. The other half would be for the spare tire. Since we're working with an 8' bed we should have enough room left for a 6.5' tray canopy that would be removable. The canopy would be setup for easy to access camping and cooking gear with a rtt on top. I daily drive this truck and have run with the rack and a large and heavy cvt rtt on it for 2 years now. It's do-able but I would like to shed that extra gear when it's not needed.

I believe all the gear you mention @Chorky would fit in the under tray boxes. We do not carry a chainsaw so associated items are not needed. Most trees we encounter can either be handled with a large silky saw, dragging it out of the way, or finding another route.
-drivers front box: 4 ammo cans, 4 soft storage bags, bottle jack, fire extinguisher
-pass front box: 2-4 chairs, a go-bag, lynx levelers, space for other stuff as needed.
-drivers rear box: water pump, water tank fill, water filters, transfer pump, sprayer hose, cleaning supplies, dog water and food bowls.
-pass rear box: onboard air compressor, air hoses, air up and down kits,
-drawer: hi-lift, shovel, fishing poles, axe, tool kit, jumper cables, recovery straps, recovery gear, etc.
-cab closet: dual zone fridge on a tilting slide, upper shelf for soft and light items that I want to easily access.

We have a 2 week trip to South Africa and Namibia this next spring and are renting a Land Cruiser that has a rear canopy setup. We're going to wait till after that trip to see how we like the setup before making any changes to our current setup.

Ahh ok this makes a lot more sense to me now. I must have missed something earlier in the thread. Also thinking I was in the 'camper' section didn't help haha. Sounds like a pretty sweet idea for a set-up. I think I saw a picture a long time ago of something kinda similar, though not with the XP bed specifically. I'll post it if I come across it.

Sounds like a fun trip abroad! Looking forward to those pics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven