Anyone know of a trailer jack with a 1-1/2" receiver hitch mount?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Have you considered welding (or bolting?) square sockets into the bottom of the frame and then putting jacks underneath into those holes?

I definitely see the issue. You should be easily able to weld onto some of those square tube jacks with a square pin to go either inside or over that tube and pin in place.

I would still start with the HF or Home Depot or Napa adapter and cut off the unused bit then weld it to the back of a square tube Jack.

I also wouldn’t pay someone the money a pro welder would want! Gifted amateur is good enough for this job!

You could also drill a set-screw into the round mount on the front Jack to take out the slop?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Yeah, I’ve done that before with receivers that had a lot of slop and the bouncing of the trailer was annoying. Typically, I weld on a 1/2-13 heavy hex nut so that I have more thread than I can cut into whatever thin stuff I’m working with and then I get a “set screw” that can be snugged nicely with the same 3/4” wrench as my wheel lugs.

RedHawk47

Ooh! I like your thinking. That might be a perfectly acceptable short term solution while I save up for what I really want.. four of these welded to the frame:

I have these jacks on the back of my Turtleback - they offer them as an option now. They work great.
For the front: Get some square tubing that slides over the those tubes drill a hole to line up with the existing hole, and weld them to the jack. Use a pin with a retainer when you but the jacks in place.
PS: You may be able to transport the front jacks by putting them on the tubes upside down, or just folding under the trailer like in the rear.

Dan

SBSYNCRO

Or maybe drill an extra set of holes so they would ride horizontal.

That’s how it rides now. Horizontal. And it works well because I can wedge the jack between the mount point and the small square “lift point” that I want to utilize as a jack position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven