Anyone make a water tank over the wheel well??

LovinPSDs

Adventurer
Alot like the tool boxes, is there a molded tank that fits nicely over a truck wheel well that's safe for drinking water??

Last edited:

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
No, i don't think so, buuut you could build a simple box to fit your particular vehicle and then get a water bladder to put inside. You could even plumb the bladder to the ouside of the box for easy access.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
That tank is designed for the floor board and to go over the driveline hump it looks like.. I may work for what i'm trying to do, but more shooting for something like this... http://www.pickupspecialties.com/toolboxes/Trail_FX/T83-Wheel-Well-Toolbox-10.jpg

The bladder idea would probably work! As of late lastnight I was thinking if maybe I should try to relocate lower to along the frame somewhere.... My crew cab long bed has a lot of underbody space.

That toolbox looks like it would work great!

Maybe the lower half could house the water bladder and upper half could serve another role? Recovery gear/first aid kit/etc.

there are several things i like about separate water cans/bladders that trump a large single tank, IMO:

-if something punches a hole in one, you only lose a percentage of your water.
- the smaller containers can be carried to the source of the water easily to be filled
-bladders can be stowed in a fraction of their filled size once emptied.
-if bacteria is present in one container it doesn't foul the whole supply.

Just a few thoughts. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3