Anyone remember this one from Lambo?

Superu

Explorer
All the talk lately about Hummers got me to thinking back to the mid 80's when I first saw one of these at a dealership on Rt. 9 in Wellesley Hills, MA.

lm2_center.jpg

The one I saw was black and looked insanely cool since there was nothing like it anywhere!

lm002.jpg

90blklm002ext1.jpg

90blklm002ext2.jpg

There's an interesting article about the Lamborghini LM American (LM002) here.

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
I remember when I was in high school I worked at the local Ferrari, Bentley, Rolls Royce, and Alpha Romeo dealership in San Diego. One of them cam is as a used vehicle and I thought I was going insane. I wanted that silver LM 002 so much i could taste it.

Now that I'm looking at it 20 years later It looks like the designers at Hummer wanted to make a try at something aerodynamic.

It's still a cool vehicle though.

-Ben

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I remember seeing magazine articles about them, and have seen two on the 'bay.

'Bout the only thing I remember from the articles was a claim that they could do 60 mph with all four tires flat (run-flats, I assume).

Ron B

Explorer
those are really cool vehicles, though pretty rare and $$$$ to service. The tires are Pirelli Scorpians 325/75 VR 17's (about 10k a set and they're long out of production) -- but I'm sure there's something else close enough to work fine (some have been using Interco TrXus STS 33x12.5x17's).

The original Humvee prototype looks similar to the Lambo Cheetah concept from '77 -- kind of a he said/she said story of what was first but they both hit the public eye about the same time. Here's the Cheetah:

http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/Cheetah/index.html

I love my hummer for over-all ability...but 100 mph on the sand dunes would be fun! One of the members on the HML has an H1 and a LM-002. I'll attach some of his pics.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Jim Feuling had a red one for a while. Used to see it running around town. Usually with some hot blond co-pilot.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat