Anyone Running Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x11.50s?

Not a 10k trailer. I have a slide in cab-over camper so all the weight is in the bed.

I agree, more flex will perform better in general but I also need them to handle the desert with the camper on board.

80psi might not be the ideal pressure but 65psi isn’t either and that’s the max on a lot of tires. Most guys carrying that much weight are running close to 80 on the highway. Much less off road.

I love the NV HD wheels but they only make the HD models to fit the newer trucks with a +18 offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have the method NV HD in zero offset.

I think this article will help clear somethings up.

http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/towing/1407-understanding-tire-load-ratings/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will check with Method again. Last time I checked I couldn’t get the NV in an 18x9 with zero offset but I’ll have another look. I really love the look of the wheel and they are hub-centric!

Great article. Thanks for that. My takeaway is the last paragraph...add up capacity of 4 tires and subtract 20% to get working load.

So... using the ridge grapplers as an example for tires that are about 35”

E rated 325x65 18 3525lbs x 4 = 14100 - 20% = 11280
F rated 35x12.5 18. 3970lbs x 4 = 15880 - 20% = 12704

Also article says that in general more air runs cooler...

So given that my rig will weigh at least 10,500 dry plus water/fuel/gear/people (let’s figure another 1000-1500 lbs or so), the E rated tire would be at or above max load and at only 65psi whereas the F rated tire would be slightly under its rating and able to run at much higher pressures to keep cooler. The only disadvantage I see will be flex at air-down, but most of my aired down driving will be with a load so I’ll just have to compromise a little on performance when empty. I figure at 7500lbs+ empty I’ll still be able to get some flex out of those sidewalls.

Thanks for that info ttengineer. Let’s me know I’m on the right track.

Follow up... Method still only lists the NV 18x9 8x170 in a +18 offset which will not work with my ‘02 Super Duty. :-(. I’m considering the regular NV or the Vex both at 3640 lbs. That’s 14560lbs so should be ok. It’ll be close to my weight but I’ll be a little under. I’m sure they de-rate these numbers a little as well.

ttengineer

Adventurer
They have a 17x9 with a zero offset. Not sure what the Nittos are in a r17 other than my 37s.

g man

I have 18x9 method standard with 37x12.50x18 E rated. I have been very pleased so far.

Finally got my wheels/tires mounted up and installed. Method 311s and Ridge Grapplers in a 35x12.5R18 F rated. So far I’m very happy with the tire. Super quiet and ride decent empty at 60psi. Looking forward to getting the camper on and seeing how they feel loaded at 80 psi.

Etoyoc

Older discussion, but just stumbled in..... I just found these 37 x 11.50's R17. Been running the stock wheels on my 03 since new. 37 12.50s on my VR suspension has been fine for 19 years, but always wished for the skinnies. Tire time again and I found these Recon TG's.... got em'.
Appreciate the stock wheels/offset keeping geometries in check. The Recon's have an 8.25 inch tread face and my old BFGs 10 inch.
This is what I have been after. 12.50 gave me a teensy rub at the anti-sway bar. All gone now. They tuck nice in the wells. Fit nicely on the stock wheels, balanced with minimal weight. Ride nice and quiet out of the box. Now for the test of time......IMG_20220901_154504__01__01.jpgIMG_20220901_162421.jpg
IMG_20220901_155036__01.jpg

NoDak

Limb risers. I'm guessing to keep branches out of the gap between the cab and camper.

dirt_tourist

Well is anyone?
I put Toyo MT 315/70r18s on my Ram around the first of the year and now with 12k on them they are just getting entirely too loud. I like the size but I know the 13.5" width is a big part of the decreased economy. I also just like tall skinny tires. All of this leads me to the Ridge Grappler in the 37x11.50r18. Any feedback on this particular size or any larger Ridge Grappler would be appreciated.
Bringing this one back up because it seems there's no real-world info on these tires and they'd be ideal. Light, compliant, tall, narrow, tough enough in a D rating. Anybody tried them yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle