anyone used one of these

Tiny

so I have been looking about for a canter to turn into a camper (20years in fire and rescue with canters as the main trucks) so in my travels I have seen these

imagehandler.ashx

the back is airconditioned insulated all wired with lighting etc plenty of storage space

imagehandler.ashx

I know 1 has been done but cant get any information

$_75.JPG

yabanja

Explorer
Interesting how similar the camo patterns are on the two trucks. I always assumed it was completely random!

Allan

Tiny

I have seen a few now and the pattern is very similar but more to year the 2000s are the same the 2001s are the same so you can tell what year once you know the pattern

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi Tiny,

I've seen a few converted to campers now.

There were 3 different bodies built for the army.

Ambulance >> the whole rear panel is a swing up hatch door. Shown in your top two pics.

Electrical Workshop >> has a conventional single rear door with not much ventilation. Shown in your bottom pic.

Mechanical Workshop >> the whole rear panel is a swing up hatch door plus both sides (almost full length) form gullwing swing up hatch door. Also these have large tool boxes/workbenches that swing down to ground level. Not shown but these make a short get away camper in their original format.

best mods for these are single wheels, parabolics, suspension seats and a good quality aftermarket turbo kit.

ploz58

Ive just purchased the one in the lower picture, to use as an ambulance on gas projects but after a few years i will retire to camper status.
The truck has super singles, the rear ambulance module is still functional as an ambulance, but has had 240v external plug ,breaker panel and internal plug fitted.
Some windows have been fitted.
Due to work commitments i havent been able to play with the truck much but this forum has been handy in making the decision.

There is a dealer in Victoria with two ambulances, one for 29990 and the others 32990 the cheaper one has 59K and the dearer has 33k.
Ive driven them both.

Im looking forward to playing with this truck.

Tiny

he sold the cheaper 1 and the other is the one I was thinking about what did you think about it

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Ive just purchased the one in the lower picture, to use as an ambulance on gas projects but after a few years i will retire to camper status.
The truck has super singles, the rear ambulance module is still functional as an ambulance, but has had 240v external plug ,breaker panel and internal plug fitted.
Some windows have been fitted.
Due to work commitments i havent been able to play with the truck much but this forum has been handy in making the decision.

There is a dealer in Victoria with two ambulances, one for 29990 and the others 32990 the cheaper one has 59K and the dearer has 33k.

Ive driven them both.

Im looking forward to playing with this truck.

That sounds like good buying considering many sold for much higher prices when the public auctions were in full swing. The highest price I saw was for one of the workshop trucks which brought almost $50k. Cheapest was at the very first auction and was down in the mid to low $20k bracket.

Another point to consider is weight. They aren't light so if you're plan is to derate one to under 4500kg and drive on a car license then they might not be the best platform to start with.

ploz58

Euroa units

he sold the cheaper 1 and the other is the one I was thinking about what did you think about it

HI tiny,
I drove both units the one that is left is the better unit, it drove better and the cheaper one sounded like it had an exhaust issue.
The one left has near new GT Radials on it, which made it ride better. I did note the exhaust brake wasnt working on either, it was suggested that they were just stuck. The one left is also tidier inside but they pretty much came as they did from the auctions.

There is one online which is 45k in Qld for pretty much the same thing.

Let me know what you do.

Mine will be used as an ambulance again and then be retired to do the adventure camper thing .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77