Arb-3110A awning on a 3rd gen Taco

Catfish37

Observer
After fishing the banks of the Red River this weekend I was thinking it sure would be nice to have a awning. I built a bed rack for my Kayaks and was thinking it would work really well with it. One of my main concerns is hanging it on tree limbs and getting it ripped off. Does anyone have this awning? Is it worth the $170? I know arb builds quality stuff but I was surprised at the relatively low price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131472676406

paranoid56

Adventurer
i just picked that same one up on amazon for a little cheaper and shipped 2day free :D great setup for the price if all you need is a 4' setup

mmrocek

Observer
Yes, definitely worth it. Here it's mounted on my Taco:

IMG_4171-e1464658787141.jpg

And here it's mounted on my XJ:

DSC_0251-e1456710204923.jpg

easy to deploy for a single person and stable. I have the windbreak as well which came in handy before as the sun started to go down.

mmrocek

Observer
4ft-wide is pretty useless IMO.

With the windbreak, it provides decent coverage for a couple people. At least from sun. Here in Arizona it doesn't rain much so I can't speak to that. I am sure that some good, sideways rain would render it useless.

Go4Lo

Explorer
We have a 6ft ARB on the passenger side of our 3rd Gen Taco on a bed rack and sometimes a 4ft ARB on the rear, depending on our location.

CALO.04.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk