ARB Bull Bar Install

potshot

Bringing this one back from the dead...

I've got a 2003 Super Duty with an ARB bumper up front. I noticed it seemed a little funky the other day and sure enough after taking a look I can see some poor sucker hit it. The bumper is undented and is still straight but tilts up uniformly across the whole front. Almost as if someone stuck a hilift jack in the middle and tried to jack the big guy up.

I'm taking a look and am wondering if there's any adjustment that might have been pushed and can be unpushed because the mount plates still seem square. Is there a trick to adjusting tilt without pulling the bumper off?

Thanks, -Rob

I pick up my Rockware (heavier) with winch by myself and just have someone else push the bolts through-no more of an issue than changing a 33-35 inch tire mounted on a wolf/nato wheel.

I installed mine with winch mounted by myself. I installed the crush cans and then walked the bumper and winch up on jack stands, raising one side, then the other, until I could push the bumper onto the steel crush cans. I wouldn't recommend doing without help, but I was able to without too much trouble or frustration. I was trying to get the heavy work done before the sun got around to my west-facing garage and couldn't wait around for help. I installed a two inch lift at the same time. All things considered, I'm pretty pleased with how easy the Discovery is to work on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3