ARB locker issue?

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Okay. Finally got the thing hooked up.

The Breather line seemed to be clogged. I blew it out with compressed air.

I hooked up all the airlines and installed the new wiring harness that came with my new compressor.

So, my only issue is, the only way i can get the locker to engage is to have two locker switches turned on with the compressor switch. I only have a rear locker for now. But it definitely locked up with them both on. I made some sweet tire marks in my driveway.

When it disengages, it doesn't blow any oil out. So I think that is a good sign.

Jakes01234

Explorer
Do you have it connected to an arb compressor ?

I do not but I think I read that the rear needed to be engaged to turn on the front. Maybe switch them around?

psykokid

Explorer
Yes, the way the stock arb compressor switch wiring is configured you have to turn on the rear locker before you can turn on the front. Switch the wiring between the solenoids and you should be good to go.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Okay. Finally got the thing hooked up.

The Breather line seemed to be clogged. I blew it out with compressed air.

I hooked up all the airlines and installed the new wiring harness that came with my new compressor.

So, my only issue is, the only way i can get the locker to engage is to have two locker switches turned on with the compressor switch. I only have a rear locker for now. But it definitely locked up with them both on. I made some sweet tire marks in my driveway.

When it disengages, it doesn't blow any oil out. So I think that is a good sign.

You wired it backwards, easy fix.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
uploadfromtaptalk1429919665964.jpg
8e08ab2a2d513932abccba71dff7fa36.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1429919716527.jpg

fishEH

Explorer
Thats weird that ARB has the "big brother" thing going on with the front not being able to be engaged until the rear is. If it were me I'd bypass that shiz.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I don't think it does. If you set up the solenoids correctly you can turn them on how ever you like. I talked to the ARB rep

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
I love that ARB has that feature, there's been more than a few times someone/something has bumped a locker switch in my truck at speed and I was extremely happy the front didn't engage.

fishEH

Explorer
I love that ARB has that feature, there's been more than a few times someone/something has bumped a locker switch in my truck at speed and I was extremely happy the front didn't engage.

Sounds like your switches are in a bad spot. For someone to accidentally hit my locker switches they'd have to be in my lap. Mine are regular toggle switches, not the Carlisle type. My compressor/winch control power switch is away from passengers as well and not labeled. I figure if they have to ask what it's for they shouldn't be touching it in the first place! :D

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
I would agree they're not in the best location to avoid issues, but they are in an idea location for using while driving offroad. I've had to lock on-the-fly a few times and it's nice having easy access to them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven