ARB Textured Black touch up paint?

Picked an Hoop-less ARB front winch bumper at this years All Breeds Jeep Show from Quadratec's scratch-and dent selection. Was only $460 with all the included mounting hardware....couldn't pass it up. :wings: It has no dents but there are some scratches to the textured black coating. I know ARB makes touch up paint for their satin black colored products but I can't find any touch up products for their textured black coating. AEV makes a textured black touch up spray paint but I don't now if its the same shade of black as ARB's. Got any suggestions?

seavee

Contact ARB Customer service. they are very helpful. My jeep was setup across from Quadratec in the ARB booth. I have the ARB textured bumper also. The texture has a great warranty but i'm sure not on the scratch and dent stuff. There may have a touchup available.

I did contact ARB, they don't make a touch paint for there textured black coating but the service department recommends (for this type of fix) to use automotive paint pens. Just have to match up the right shade.

harv3589

Adventurer
I did contact ARB, they don't make a touch paint for there textured black coating but the service department recommends (for this type of fix) to use automotive paint pens. Just have to match up the right shade.

That's strange they sent me some touch up paint for my textured front bumper....

That's strange they sent me some touch up paint for my textured front bumper....

Really? If you don't mind me asking, but how long ago was that? Because is the email they sent back to me, "Unfortunately, we don't have anything for it and we have not used the AEV paint on our bars. The Tech Dept. has been advising customers to try to match it up in the paint pen section of their local auto parts store."

harv3589

Adventurer
Really? If you don't mind me asking, but how long ago was that? Because is the email they sent back to me, "Unfortunately, we don’t have anything for it and we have not used the AEV paint on our bars. The Tech Dept. has been advising customers to try to match it up in the paint pen section of their local auto parts store."

Maybe a month or two ago...I had complained to ARB US about the new powder coat not being that great and rock chipping just on the hwy. they sent me a pen of touch up paint for it. No questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a month or two ago...I had complained to ARB US about the new powder coat not being that great and rock chipping just on the hwy. they sent me a pen of touch up paint for it. No questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did it come with a part number or serial number?

harv3589

Adventurer
Here it is...sent to me at no charge

cc3cf15559a1bd92d1c482e228620e27.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach